Cannot take screenshots?

PaxArcana

Every time I try, no matter what keybind I use, the result is always the same:

Crash to desktop.

When I restart the client, and try to log in: "This account is already logged in."

:'(

Were screenshots intentionally disabled by the dev team?

• Sad 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

It's not the most bleeding-edge machine, but it's reasonably good, still.  :)

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

What format do you have it set to do the screen shot in? Where is your COH install? If the folder write protected?

• Like 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

What format do you have it set to do the screen shot in?

Um, whatever the client defaults to?  I don't even know how or where to change that.  :)

Where is your COH install?

E:\Documents\Tequila\Homecoming

Which is where the Tequila installer put it.  (The orange bit is, I assume, a Homecoming-specific folder; it has .pigg files and a \data subfolder.)

There's a folder there, \Screenshots which is empty; I did not create it, Tequila did.

If the folder write protected?

Certainly not. :)

Odd. I was having this exact issue after the original install. Then it went away after the last big patch/maintenance, so I assumed they must have fixed whatever was causing it. Have you downloaded/installed the latest patches? (Quit and relaunch Tequila, or open Options and click the Re-validate button.)

I do have the latest patches, RikOZ.  And re-validating didn't trigger any replacement downloads.

• 1 month later

I had this exact problem and it turned out to be an issue of read/write rights to the folder - in my case caused by moving the CoH installation from one harddisk to another and then reinstalling Tequila.

I ended up nuking the harddisk partition, reinstalling a fresh copy of CoH from torrent and now everything works again (less harsh methods would probably also work) 

• Thanks 1

I never moved the installation, and nuking a half-terabyte partition from the middle of a 3TB drive with two OTHER partitions would be ... not something I'd be willing to do, without being very drunk first.  And since I don't consume alcohol at all ... 😄

EDIT:  I did, however, discover that the Screenshots folder had been created (by Tequila, not me) as "read-Only", so I'll give it a shot next time I log in.  Thanks for suggesting that much, at least! 🙂

Edited by PaxArcana