/follow options?

Just curious if the /follow command accepts any arguments, such as distance?

It would be nice as a support class to lock onto a ranged teammate and not faceplant into their chest while watching the party for heals and buffs. Perhaps someone midrange like a Sentinel?

Hope for something like:

/follow 20 (20m behind)

/follow max

Or whatev...

Be a great suggestion to put in the Suggestions forum so it can get argued over then lost entirely.

Personally, I'd love to see it. 

• Banjo 1

You can set a slash command something like up++ while you follow.  One of the results is that you fly up to the max range of the follow command.  The other result is that you get dizzy as your screen spins around very rapidly.  Oh, make sure you end the up++ command before you break the follow command.

It sounds simple, but I can see huge implementation issues when any kind of obstacle is involved. If a foe goes around a door and turns, follow logic would probably drag you along the wall. Ditto for outdoor obstacles ("Curse you, bus stop shelter!")

I amuse myself by /follow-ing a random citz from time to time, though.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com