High Speed Stunned Enemies

One thing that has always kinda bugged me about Stun/Disorient is that it often doesn't seem to affect enemy movement speed for a second or two.  Its like they have to reach their queued destination before the movement aspect of Stun fully takes effect.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a -100% movement or something for 0.25s (perhaps a hidden 0.25s Immobilize?) at the beginning of each Stun, or is this something that's sort of "baked in" to enemy behavior and all that.

Just a thought I had when running with a friend last night. 😄

4 hours ago, Cyclone Jack said:

Its like they have to reach their queued destination before the movement aspect of Stun fully takes effect.

That’s actually exactly what you’re seeing.  Or, at least, that’s my understanding of it.

It’s an odd bug that’s been around since live, not sure if it will ever be fixed.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Reporting as a long time Energy Melee/Invulnerability Tanker from back in the day when Unyielding had the player rooted...

As I recall, the explanation for this AI behavior (which was mostly fixed on Live, but not entirely) goes something like this: If the AI for a mobile has that mobile on a travel vector (with some speed value) of some kind, and that mobile then gets a Disorient effect placed on them, the game keeps the mobile going on that path. This is the "baked in" effect I believe.

The OP request isn't unreasonable:

10 hours ago, Cyclone Jack said:

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a -100% movement or something for 0.25s (perhaps a hidden 0.25s Immobilize?) at the beginning of each Stun, or is this something that's sort of "baked in" to enemy behavior and all that.

but I offer some words of caution... I don't know that any such effect (if implemented) would really make a difference for mobiles that already resist such things (e.g. Hypersonic War Wolves) and the queuing effect of status effects might still not have the end effect we want. There could also be an issue with allowed slotting for Disorient powers...

My take: This can be annoying, but it is far less annoying than it ever was... except for high-speed mobiles that already have inherent resists to slows and immobilizes anyway (War Wolves, Igneous Minions, etc.) which will zip away stunned or not.

Yeah, I figured it was something there that couldn't really be done normally, which is why I suggested a possible micro-root, which would "interrupt" the movement vector (maybe even a .25s Hold).  And who knows, maybe HC and the other servers have already looked into that and found that it didn't make a difference.

And like you said, it's not a huge deal; and sometimes adds to the charm watching a Freakshow "stumble" at full speed down a hallway. 😄