Forum Post Count Mislabel

I have kept thinking I noticed something odd on the post counts.. The value can be different numbers when looking at different parts of the forum.

It seems that "Posts" is mislabeled and should be "Content"

- or -

Posts counts are sometimes pointing to Content counts.

Status page:

image.png.7fb54b75a5ce89f32d86688f0585d614.png <- Where labeled 'Posts' this should actually be 'Content"

Hover on avatar popup:

image.png.b7df08b907bb9fdb4343ff753a4d5185.png

Actual post count (I have lots of image and file upload which is likely part of the difference)

image.png.730489845bd5a487c6f65c6909c219e4.pngActual number of posts: 4,304 vs 4,9k  (at least until I post more)

image.png.f8ef194572b99302e0f7a22deeb4f305.png Leaderboard > 'Most Posts' shows the correct # of posts

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

The discrepancy is a result of posts being removed.  One total accounts for them, because you did make them, the other total excludes them because they're no longer visible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:30 AM, Luminara said:

The discrepancy is a result of posts being removed.  One total accounts for them, because you did make them, the other total excludes them because they're no longer visible.

it's pretty clear sometimes 'content' count is used and other times 'post' count is used. the labels are not interchangeable.

labeling 'posts' while showing 'content' count is erroneous.

therefore you must be agreeing that either the label or the count is incorrect, and as shown it is wrong.

On 1/30/2024 at 8:58 PM, Troo said:

image.png.7fb54b75a5ce89f32d86688f0585d614.png <- Where labeled 'Posts' this should actually be 'Content"

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum