"Black Hole" Concept Tanker: Rad/DM or ??

Bacon Wrangler

I'm working on a "black hole" concept tanker. At first I was going WP/DM, then thought perhaps Dark/Dark was the way to go A friend mentioned Rad/ might work better for protection + damage, and you can look at it as all the radiation that a black hole spits out. 

I'll be mostly soloing, with the occasional PUG or PUG TF.

EDIT: Fold Space will be taken, no matter what powerset I choose.

I'm totally flying blind, as this is my first tanker since Live. Any info or tips that anyone could provide are appreciated!

Oh, and here is his ugly mug:

clipped black hole.png

Edited by Bacon Wrangler

Rad armor is really good, and you can tint it dark if you want to 

Fold space is an amazing power and I plan on trying to fit it into more of my builds.

I know it's less thematic overall, but have you considered Axe melee? Axe Cyclone in particular can "suck bad guys in". My experience with Fold Space is that sometimes the enemies form up a line, so Axe Cyclone could bunch them up better.

What this team needs is more Defenders

such an awesome concept and yet so hard to realize in game with the current powers 😞

both STONE and ICE armor sets have a SLOW aura but the graphic don't play well with the concept.

then you have the new axe to pull in but again what does an axe have to do with a black hole?

rad melee has a few attacks that could work well if recolored(bright colors  like a black hole ejecting plasma)

maybe quicksand recolored from the earth epic pool?