LaunchCat: Homecoming for Mac installer replacement

On 6/12/2024 at 10:34 AM, GM Manga said:

@Shadow Kitty

I posted a new LaunchCat today: https://launchcat.powermadsoftware.com/launchcat.zip

It incorporates a lot of different fixes and a few new tricks based on what I learned yesterday, hopefully it helps.

I downloaded this and opened it.  The window opens and it says "Fetching Update Manifest", but that's all it's been doing for over 10 minutes.  Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong??  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• Game Master
On 7/25/2024 at 12:30 PM, bozo2003 said:

I downloaded this and opened it.  The window opens and it says "Fetching Update Manifest", but that's all it's been doing for over 10 minutes.  Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong??  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Are you able to load this URL in a web browser?  https://telstar.powermad.net/update.xml

Mac expert and designer of LaunchCat.

Interested in participating in Closed Beta or Vanguard events?  Send me a PM!

• 3 weeks later

Hi all, I'm curious if anyone has experienced this issue today (or recently).

I've been able to launch LaunchCat and play the game with no issues until today. When I now open LaunchCat I get the "Self Update Download failed or cancelled" message as show below. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still get same message preventing me from launching the game.

Anyone have any insight on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.3db4dfef7051c3d7f246d6a3afa59d9e.png

On 7/27/2024 at 12:59 PM, GM Manga said:

Are you able to load this URL in a web browser?  https://telstar.powermad.net/update.xml

When I try to load that URL in Firefox I get the following message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to telstar.powermad.net. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
  • Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

• Game Master
On 8/16/2024 at 1:45 PM, bozo2003 said:

When I try to load that URL in Firefox I get the following message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to telstar.powermad.net. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
  • Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I can't even duplicate that, my only guess is you have a VPN that's filtering it or a network firewall blocking it.

17 hours ago, GM Manga said:

I can't even duplicate that, my only guess is you have a VPN that's filtering it or a network firewall blocking it.

Can you offer any suggestions as to how I can get around that??  Or point me in the direction of where I can find info on how to get around this??  No problem if you can't.  Thanks for your help.

• Game Master
11 hours ago, bozo2003 said:

Can you offer any suggestions as to how I can get around that??  Or point me in the direction of where I can find info on how to get around this??  No problem if you can't.  Thanks for your help.

Turn off any VPN's and make sure you're either not using any "nanny firewall" (whitelist firewall) in your wifi router or cable/fiber modem, or whitelist powermad.net in those.

• 1 month later

Hi! Thank you so much for working on making Mac less of a pain. I have downloaded LaunchCat and it seems to run OK but it fails to open the game launcher at the end. Nothing happens. Do I need to have the base game installed or what am I missing?

Thanks again!