Non-babysitter crab build?

You absolutely can run a Crab without really needing to dip into all of the pets.  You feel like a Huntsman+ or a Sentinel in a way.  I think the key powers to pick end up being Wide Area Web, Vernon, and Frag Grenade, with Heavy Burst and Suppression as clean up after that initial salvo.  Even with the proposed changes on the Beta, Omega is probably still a trap choice.  And, I don't think Channelgun or Longfang are quite enough on their own, so I grab Mu Lightning to fill out my single target chain; although any of the Patron single targets might work, I feel Mace Blast is a little janky with the drawing of the mace and Gloom feels slow despite its great damage.

Here's my build per Mids (I think?) for reference:

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

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I can't get that to open in Mids Reborn, unfortunately. Am I supposed to copy the two = on the end?

I'm at level 35 using the Weaver 5 crab build. I got PLed so the slots are mostly empty.  I don't know if I should go for some global inventions or just stack generic IOs at this point, and save up for sets when I hit 50.

I have 100 mil to spend.

14 hours ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

I can't get that to open in Mids Reborn, unfortunately. Am I supposed to copy the two = on the end?

I'm at level 35 using the Weaver 5 crab build. I got PLed so the slots are mostly empty.  I don't know if I should go for some global inventions or just stack generic IOs at this point, and save up for sets when I hit 50.

I have 100 mil to spend.

Hmm, I think it will work if you copy that whole block - including the == at the end - and open it in Mids under "Build Sharing>Import Datalink" in the menu bar.  I'm using 3.6.6 if that makes a difference.

Here's a screenshot of the build:

image.thumb.png.896ae8ebe7f4d36efe170422b6e64f5d.png

Based on your screenshot here are a few suggestions:

• You may want to keep the Huntsman/Wolf Spider version of Venom and Frag Grenades to go with the Wide Area Web Grenade (WAWG) for consistency/speed of animations.  Having a chain of WAWG>Venom>Frag is a potent opener for any group.  With the upcoming update, you may want to invest more slots into WAWG once it gains the damage aspect.
  • Similarly, you may want to grab Heavy Burst (or Suppression if you choose to use Crab versions of the grenades) to round out your ranged Area of Effect (AoE) damage.  My understanding is that Heavy Burst is a surprisingly effective damage power, so you don't want to forego it.
  • Relatedly, you may wish to drop arm lash as a power; you'll likely play mostly at range and benefit little from the melee cone.
  • You may wish to move the slot placed in Combat Training: Defensive to Stamina; putting two slots for Endurance Modification into Stamina will help you greatly to reduce the down time between fights

As for slotting, I personally go for the attuned invention sets at your level rather than the basic inventions/single origin enhancements.  That said, there are a fair number of people who wait until 50 to fully slot invention sets.  If you are such a person, slot at least the level 30 common inventions into your powers because that would be cheaper in the long run compared to slotting/upgrading the single origin enhancements you have now.

Edited by Burnt Umber

Instead of searching for the sets in the search bar there's the categories in the main AH window.  You want Enhancements>IOs>Attuned IIRC

It'll then list all the set types (Ranged, Taunt, Defense, etc) and each individual set under those.

The Auction House automatically converts regular set IOs that are for sale into attuned IOs when you purchase this way, so when you put a bid in on an Attuned Force Feedback +Recharge IO you are bidding for the lowest price of all the FFR IOs listed no matter their level (which is nice as lower level IOs cost less to craft than level 50s and sellers are often willing to sell those for less)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1