Merc/TA???

Swiftly

Back with another newbie question.   I am curious about Merc/TA pairing.  I have searched high and low for a build or even a discussion on this pairing but haven't really come up with much.   That being the case I am guessing its not a good pairing at endgame?

TIA.

It's been discussed a lot over the years actually.  I don't have a build to share, but I have one and it's super effective.  The -ToHit and -Dmg debuffs (well along with everything else) works really well.  Take everything from Trick Arrow and avoid the attacks from Mercs and make sure to take and use Serum.

They go together quite well.  You get 1000 slots per server.  Make one and let'em rip!

I'm curious as to avoiding the attacks in Mercs... They cause your pets to do extra damage. I know they're not great for damage themselves, but it's there another reason to skip them?

What this team needs is more Defenders

They increase the damage by 3% on your target for each attack (up to 9%).  Thats not an overall damage increase, but just on your target.  I think you'd be better served by taking assault (one power) over taking 3.

I mean for concept reasons by all means take them.  I just don't see taking up to 3 powers to get, at most, 9% damage boost on a single target to be worth it.

By comparison ninjas personal attacks increases the critical chance for all their attacks, which for me makes them often worth it.

17 hours ago, Psyonico said:

I'm curious as to avoiding the attacks in Mercs... They cause your pets to do extra damage. I know they're not great for damage themselves, but it's there another reason to skip them?

Welo, Burst, Slug, and M30 Grenade each set a Focus Fire Mode on the target (FocusFire_Burst, FocusFire_Slug, FocusFire_M30 which only affects main target), each of which buffs all Mercs damage by +3.3% for 30s.  Shots from different Mercs MM don't stack the Modes but extends the duraction back to 30s.  It's not much, but like -Resist, it's extra damage that expands the base damage of the Mercs attacks.

Mastermind Assault adds 11.25% Damage enhancement to all affected allies attacks.  As for one or the other, why not both?

Edited by Jacke

i have several /TA alts, and i am a confrimed TA fanatic! i love it! especially since it has been revamped, it's really a great secondary. if i did mercs/TA, since i prefer concept over performance, i would probably avoid the MM attacks too, to avoid having to switch from bow to gun and back. you will use TA a lot, anyway! 😁

• Staff of Aesculapius 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz