Is there a lockout timer on pinging the AH?

About 40 minutes ago I was bouncing around the AH getting gear for my newest toon, and I suddenly lost connection to the server while I was shopping.  Ever since then I have not been able to log in.  The launcher says it can't check for updates due to a time out trying to reach http://manifest.cohhc.gg/pkg/hc_live.json .  If I click ready anyway and try to log in on the splash screen it thinks for a minutes, then gives me a generic message that the login server may be down or I might have a firewall issue, but I definitely wasn't messing with my firewall, and all the server status on this site shows green with people logged in.

All I can think of is that I was trying to refresh different costs on the AH in pretty rapid succession due to a long shopping list and wasn't sure if that can trigger some sort of auto ban IP ban or something.

[edit] and of course, immediately after posting this I can log in again.  I guess question still stands so I know if I accidentally tripped a timed lockout or something.

Edited by ShadowDreamer
new info