Graphic issue

Isulkian

Hi guys,

For quite some time, i can t see the flames effect anymore. Torches in base, all fire power from my brute, etc are juste completelly transparent.

Any idea where to look to retrieve that?

I ve already tried to reset graphics and change scale.

Thx in advances

• Retired Game Master

Max Particle Count may be something to check, if less than 1000, things like flames and powers all start to resemble color beams instead of shapes.

• 2 weeks later
Just now, Isulkian said:

I dont think so. What's the command to undo that, i ll give it a try.

is there any side program that COH needs to run i may have uninstall?

/noparticles 0 will undo it, though you may need to zone for it to take effect.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Have you got "Cell Shading / Experimental Graphics" enabled? I have heard of it causing some odd graphics bugs from more than a few players.

Just disable it and apply the change and see what happens.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

here is a screenshot. no torch visible inside the blue circle (or on the wall), no blazing aura, no burn (original colors, no customisation). Same thing on all my toon and with mobs using fire attacks. All the rest works fine. Only fire stuff remain invisible. 

Thx guys for trying to help. It s really weird. 

screenshot_240220-07-40-40.jpg

Edited by Isulkian
add

• Retired Game Master
On 2/19/2024 at 7:16 AM, Isulkian said:

max particle is at 5000, drivers are up to date . but i still can t see flammes at all

From the base portal and eyes animation, it's clear particle effects are working.  Double-checking: 50,000 comes up green, and is at the end of the slider.  Is it 50,000 or actually 5,000?  I'd suggest at least 10,000-12,000.  That's the threshold where most powers start to appear.  Less than that and animations are negatively affected.

If you're on integrated graphics, this can eke a few more FPS out.  But if you have a graphics card, there's little reason to have this slider turned down at all.  50,000 is easily handled by a GeForce 1050, let alone something more current.

If turning up max particle count doesn't make a difference, I'm guessing there's an issue with the client.

• Verify Files: Especially if there's a yellow triangle on a launcher profile, in HC Launcher, click the three dots and "Verify Files".  It could be one of the .piggs is corrupted and needs replaced.
  • Reset Shader cache: Log out of the game first, then in your game install folder (default C:\Games\Homecoming), open the Cache folder and Shaders, then delete the contents of the folder.  See if that makes any difference.
  • Reset Settings: Again, log out of the game, and close HC Launcher. Open the game folder, Settings, and rename the folder matching the launcher profile (live, beta, pre, etc.... any folder other than 'launcher' which applies to HC Launcher as a whole.) It doesn't have to be fancy, putting .temp at the end should be enough.  Try running HC Launcher and open the launcher profile normally.  If no difference, you can log out, delete the new settings folder made for the profile, and rename the settings folder back to what it was.

Do them one at a time.  (Trying all three at once means repositioning all your windows, setting your resolution and mode again, and your graphics might be sluggish temporarily for no good reason if only one of them was it.)

Edited by GM Tock