Controller/Dominator Pet QoL

On 2/10/2024 at 10:46 AM, Frozen Burn said:

If you really need a pet to take the alpha - just quietly/stealthily move to the other side of the group and let it follow you into them. 

This is just Petcom_all attack with extra steps.  I'm just asking for the player to have more agency over how they initiate combat.

14 minutes ago, AgentForest said:

Are you fighting -1 no boss encounters, because most bosses resist the AoE mez moves so you'll usually only stop basic minions and some lieutenants, which is only a portion of the alpha strike.  And it still means you going in first to eat their first wave of attacks because your pet won't.  By that logic you should go in before the tanker and eat the first wave of attacks because you're stunning or holding so many that it won't matter.  I'd like to be able to send my pet in then cast Earthquake and Stalagmites to protect HIM. from the alpha.

No, I am not fighting -1 and I do allow bosses.  Your AOEs will take all mins and LTs out of the fight, and you can quickly follow up with a single target hit to the boss of the same mez type to take them out too.  Slotting the Lockdown +2 mag hold proc in your AOE and/or single target holds mostly eliminates the need for double firing on controllers.  Doms can hold a boss in one one shot if their Dom is up, which it mostly is for them even if not yet perma. 

And yes, sometimes you may take a hit from the boss or a minion/LT that got a lucky roll on the tohit check, but you'll survive.  Once you're up in levels and have your epic powers and set bonuses, most trollers and doms have better defenses/resistances as well - this only helps to mitigate any surprise damage from the few lucky foes that don't get locked down right away.  And if you're really concerned about diving into a particular group first, then there are inspirations you can also take (That is not a sign of weakness - it's a sign of smart playing).  

If you REALLY want your pet to take the alpha... spawn them in the middle of the group.  They'll die, and the foes will turn there attention to you if you're not fast enough to lock them down.  If you succeed, you'll be out of having your pet for damage while you slowly whittle away at the mob (controller scenario).  For Doms... they can more easily lock down a mob in one AOE and then use their secondary for damage.  Sometimes on my doms, I forget to even spawn my pets.  

So again, I don't see a need for this request to command "uncontrollable" pets.  But also again, I won't pitch a fit if the devs implement it.  

37 minutes ago, AgentForest said:

This is just Petcom_all attack with extra steps.  I'm just asking for the player to have more agency over how they initiate combat.

I'm sorry moving to the other side of a mob is such a difficult thing for you.  lol  😄  But seriously....

Ever since CoV came out (issue 6) and MMs were released with all their pet commands.... Controllers screamed for wanting command(s) to control their pets too.  Devs have always stated "no" to the request.  We're at issue 27 - that's 21 issues later and still this hasn't been implemented. 

The Devs have always wanted the risk to be on the player and not on the pet when it comes to controllers and dominators, and they give them the tools and means to do so successfully.  This is contrary to MMs who have far less HPs (the lowest of all ATs), and basically no attacks - and what they do have, do very minimal damage and mostly aren't worth taking/slotting except for set bonuses.  The MM pets are their attacks and defenses and that is why MMs get commands and Controllers/Doms do not.  The Devs have always wanted to keep commands separate from Controllers and Doms and for MMs only - other than our incarnate Lore pets basic commands, of course as those are a whole other special thing.  

Now, maybe the Homecoming team will listen and change up the years of denying this request and implement it.  Who knows.  But I wouldn't get your hopes up.  And everyone has offered solutions for you to get around it while you wait for a change that may never come.  

• Thanks 1