Enhancement advice for new 50 MM

Mizrach

This is my first chr(necro/dark) on homecoming, so that being said I'm still building up a bank and can't really afford all the sets and uniques that I want in my build right away.  I'm about to hit 50(3bubbles away) and wondering what is the best rout for slotting set IOs at 50 is.

Should I a) stay in the 40-45 basic IOs that I'm in now and farm and build up till I have all the sets needed for my build and swap out then,

b) swap out to 50 basic IOs and use these as a boost till I can get all my sets, c) play the AH and place low bids and work on an alt till patience finally pays off, or d) something my noob mind hasn't thought of.

Thank you in advance to any advice/help that is given on this subject.  While I haven't grouped once yet(trying to relearn the game so I wouldn't be a liability on a team first), I have very much enjoyed my time back in the "city" and have enjoyed this community greatly.

Just my 2 cents and completely bias opinion.  I would hedge on starting sets with 2x acc, dmg, then special pending on attack power/summon power. If short on inf don't forget the merit vendor. Can cash in on enhance or auction house foder.  Don't overthink your first town. Just have fun with the game.

Stick with the 40/45 basic IOs until you get your hands on the IO sets you want. The difference between levels 40/45 to 50 is around +3% each IO, which becomes less if enhancement diversification comes into play. I've ran with lvl 20-30 basic IOs all the way to 50.

I usually play TFs to get to 50. DFBx2 to 10, Posi 1+2 to 15, Synapse to 20, Yin/Moon to 25, Citadel/Hess to 30, Manti/Sutter to 35, Numi/ITF to 45 and MLTF/Grey/Kahn/MC to 50. At the end of it all, use the reward merits to trade for rare purple IOs, and sell them on AH. Use the influence made to buy the other sets needed. But I don't think we can trade for purples until we hit 50. Get them 3 bubbles!

I have a couple Stalkers that speed run TFs. MLTF, ITF, Kahn and Tinpex. When they're the weekly, usually run them a few times for some quick and easy merits. There's a daily Hami Raid (x3) in the Hive that takes around 45 minutes. We get 160 merits (Or 120 merits + one HO) in the end. Use these merits to trade for purples and email them to the character in need.

When ready to swap IOs, don't delete/sell the low level basic IOs. Respec or unslot and email them to yourself. Save them for your next character that may need them. Make a character, create a SG, build a basic base with storage tables, and put them in there to help organize. When you have more characters, emailing resources from one to the next will go a long way. 

And I encourage you to just team. I find most players to be patient and understanding. Maybe just say at the start you're new to HC and rusty. Avoid joining a speed team, they will want you to keep up where MM pets usually fall behind. Join KM (Kill most) teams since they will give the most drops and influence. Look me up, I'll team with ya! My global is the same as my user name here. We'll do an all MM KM ITF or similar.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just went through this myself. I would make made a budget build in Mids that avoids ATOs, Event enhancements, and any other purples. If there are key, game changing global IOs, go ahead and put those in, too. Anything that's intended to stay as a common IO permanently, maybe use a level 50. Otherwise just put in level 25 common IOs that you don't mind destroying as you build the resources and acquire your permanent sets. My personal threshold for cheap was initially under 500k to personally make buying the recipe on the market. It pretty quickly became 1-2 million and buying them attuned. Consider that the full cost of the character is going to be 90-ish slots filled at whatever your budget per slot is, plus those key globals.

Even just a little into the build you're going to start feeling the extra oomph as the individual powers get better. Then when you start racking up the set bonuses (and get the alpha slot with a level shift!) it will feel like a new character.

Oh, and leave the build that you leveled with intact. It's comfy and familiar, it will work. Make the budget build in the second slot so that if it's terrible and unplayable, you can fall back on the original. Rip apart the original build and salvage anything valuable when you're confident the second build is here to stay.

I think the best route for slotting for you is to exemplar down and run low level content until you get enough money for slotting set enhancements and you get enough threads for incarnate powers and level shifts. Your primary/secondary combination of Necromancy/Dark Miasma is not a very durable combination for solo play or +4/8 play.

14 minutes ago, Bonkleberry said:

I think the best route for slotting for you is to exemplar down and run low level content until you get enough money for slotting set enhancements and you get enough threads for incarnate powers and level shifts. Your primary/secondary combination of Necromancy/Dark Miasma is not a very durable combination for solo play or +4/8 play.

They literally soloed all the way to 50.

15 minutes ago, Duckbutler said:

They literally soloed all the way to 50.

k I never claimed they could not solo. I am merely stating a fact that Necromancy/Dark Miasma is not a very durable build combination. The best route for slotting, i.e. most efficient, is to tackle content more friendly to their build to get resources first.

• Thumbs Down 1