Requesting guidance with Bio/Fire build.

Sahr-Manos

Hi,

Attached is my current bio/fire/soul tanker build. I'd like any help to make it more competent for incarnate content and especially hard modes.

Many things are easy but for instance Lord Recluse in MLTF and the smelter enemies in Aeon hard modes are nightmares to tank for me. My energy/negative resistance is very low and I'm at a loss of what to give up for it. I know Bio tends to struggle with that as well as the defense debuffs these enemies apply.

Another concern is whether I need taunt, and if so, how to fit it in?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Sahr'Manos - Tanker (Bio Armor - Fiery Melee).mbd

Bio will always have a E/N hole since it is the designated weakness of the armour. That said you do have some minor tweaks to improve on the build:

- Armageddon in Genetic Contamination is a waste, toggles don't do well with procs so the heavy hitting Armageddon proc is not doing much.

- Fire Sword Circle is where Armageddon would do the most good.

- You're slotting 5 Frozen Fists and a fourth Reactive Armor in Hardened Carapace but not chasing S/L defenses. You can use 6 Touch of death and grab more resists instead, or that fourth Reactive in Weave to achieve the same effect but for all defenses.

- If you ARE chasing S/L then one extra Obliteation in Combustion

- Might of the Tanker is your godly ATO and you want it on a power you're hitting on CD to get those stacks up. I doubt you're using Breath of Fire on CD in all situations.

- You didn't slot Environmental Modification which is why your E/N defense is only at 38%.

- You already got three AoEs from Fire Melee, do you really need a fourth in Dark Obliteration? Just like you have a functional ST rotation without Gloom, so do you really need Gloom? If you think so then carry on because it's valid, but if you look at your gameplay and decide no then that's a ton of slots you can recover and slot (dare I say) more important powers, like DNA Siphon (for heals, or for extra endurance, or both), push your defense to 40-45% (it's what makes up for your weakness to E/N since Bio has E/N defenses).

The build is otherwise solid, kudos.

Without messing with your powerpicks these are the small improvements made. A second stack from Might of the Tanker in Greater Fire Sword puts your S/L resistances at 90%.

The V2 build is if you'd decide to drop Gloom and Dark Obliteration. 40% to all defenses and S/L resistances at 80%. Use Barrier on CD to be at 45% to all and 85% to S/L and a second ATO stack puts it over 90%.

Even if not's something you'd like to go it gives some ideas on slotting.

Sahr'Manos - Tanker (Bio Armor - Fiery Melee).mbd Sahr'Manos - Tanker (Bio Armor - Fiery Melee) V2.mbd

Edited by Sovera
  • Thanks 1

Hi Sovera,

Thank you so much for the fantastic response. You've given me lots of great advice and things to implement. I've respecced in-game already and so far have been very happy with the results. I'm going to play this tonight in some content and make some further tweaks if needed. Once that's done, I intend to come back here and respond in the length that your post certainly merits.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Sahr-Manos said:

Hi Sovera,

Thank you so much for the fantastic response. You've given me lots of great advice and things to implement. I've respecced in-game already and so far have been very happy with the results. I'm going to play this tonight in some content and make some further tweaks if needed. Once that's done, I intend to come back here and respond in the length that your post certainly merits.

I personally prefer Scorch to Incinerate. Better for leveling and exemplaring and easier to make an attack chain out of. But any build that uses both T1 and T2 will do subpar ST damage.

But Incinerate is a long-ish DoT which does not play well with the fast paced game of CoH so I end up hitting things a second time to make sure that they die. At that point I end up going for the Scorch option. But harder targets that take longer to defeat make Incinerate better.

It depends if you exemplar a lot or not and how you personally feel about the DoT.