Beginner friendly (near) immortal Tanker good for leveling and end-game: Stone/Fire Melee.

Sovera

This is a framework. It can be easily changed into a different secondary with minimal changes to the slotting and still have all the bonuses in place.

This is a very easy build for even the most new of players to get into. All it wants is both defense uniques which, at the time I type this, one is worth around 4 million and the other between 7-8 million. This might seem huge for a newcomer but trust me in that it is not. Do storylines, be rewarded with Merits, sell the Merits, make money, read the guide in my signature, etc.

I'll transplant the appropriate part from the guide in the signature but it's still worth it to read the thing in full for more tips:

Spoiler

(...) before doing this tour (because Amplifiers become more expensive the higher we level) and you will get 5 merits (more on merits later in the guide). Return to the Atlas City Hall (big building behind the trainer NPC), find the ATM in the corner, trade the merits for Converters, type /ah, open your Salvage (little tab on the bar where your powers are), drag the Converters to the AH and put one for sale for 1 inf. This should sell for enough to pay your Amplifiers and you can transfer the 23k to your next alt instead of doing the Tour again.

- If you have absolutely no money then consider doing the tour mentioned above and then doing the early storylines (there are a lot of different contacts and early missions that can be done, this is just what I usually start with). Talk with this guy:

Spoiler

image.png.a729eaea53291e3d86278dddda7d019b.png

After finishing his storyline he gives a second contact. After finishing that contact it gives a third contact. Finishing three stories will give 9 merits and can be done in a total of 20 minutes-ish.

Doing the tour and selling the Merits earns around 1 million (5 Merits, each Merit worth 3 Converters so 15 Converters, each converter worth around 70k so 70x15=1 million).  Add the 20 minutes to do the three storylines and it's another 9 Merits. 9 Merits = 1.8 million. So by level 9 and combining both you should have almost 3 million. The three million will buy all the generic IOs your build will need, and that's in the first half hour of playing!

Keep selling Merits to afford these two uniques and then pass them to a new alt if needed (nearly always desired in most builds) or just sell them again.

Spoiler

The recipe for the build is having a brutal amount of defense in the extreme low levels. By level 13 the player should have 39% defense with nothing more than:

- Two slots in both their armors with two defense SOs.

- Stone Skin with both defense uniques.

- Obtaining the Defense Amplifiers from the START vendor (adds 5%. This will eventually run out but by then we have more slots and bonuses that take over).

The defense SOs are about 12k, the amplifier bought at level 1 is 1k (but remember to buy eight, so 8k), and as mentioned both uniques are about 12 million.

That's it.

imagem.png.5305bb805836deeb996e0cb783c8ffad.png

Note: even without both uniques the player will still have 33% defense. This is a sweet spot where one small purple pushes the defense to 45% (which is the softcap anyway). So it's viable to start with this and then earn the money. The difference being that having those 6% from both uniques makes the reliance on Lucks much smaller and it is less of a hassle to be combining inspirations or going to purchase more between missions.

At this point and under level 20 the player is functionally immortal. But if really pushing the envelope (I went to 0x6 from level 4 onwards and then 0x8 at 20) then take two/four green inspirations and the rest small purples (Lucks). If HP drops under half then eat one small purple. If facing enemies that debuff defense then two small purples. This is still needed once in a while since Rooted is weak in the very low levels between stat squish and lack of slots but by level 20-25  inspirations should no longer be necessary. Feel free to stock up on reds or combine into reds.

Why Fire Melee?

Spoiler

It's good. I feel like Tankers get the best version of it with two PbAoEs meaning we can go into the thick of it. While leveling it will be a common occurrence to pop Build-up with Gaussian, use both PbAoEs, and see that all +1 minions died. Not shabby for a Tanker.

Every other AT including Brutes fails to have the second PbAoE and instead gets a 5th ST attack.

There is nothing bad that can be pointed at the set. No slow animations (1,6 seconds tops), no grossly resist damage type, it's just currently very good.

Why Stone Armour?

Spoiler

As pointed above it is just a silly armour set. It has +recharge baked in, +recovery, a damage proc, a damage aura, regen.

It's weakness is that the +recovery is not enough and requires extra care in slotting endurance early rather than late, but Recovery Serums from the START vendor are dirt cheap and can easily take over until then.

Its other weakness are defense debuffs, but it has pretty strong resists (70%+) to mitigate that hole.

And it's third weakness is that regen is not as good as heals, but hey, that's why we have inspirations, but while leveling it'll be common to be at 95% HP for the majority of the time. Earth's Embrace is not to be mistaken for a heal since it does only a small sliver of that particular aspect, but what it actually does is massively bump the build's HP making the regen much more effective. In the very low levels without slotting either EE or Rooted simply using EE pushes regen from 18 HP per second to 25. Later on this becomes 63 HPS.

How the build looks at level 13:

Spoiler

imagem.thumb.png.d197cdda34d1f6e24b5d33cc67003d49.png

Small tips:

- In an AoE situation and after using Build-up try to use Greater Fire Sword (or just plain Fire Sword if Greater has not opened yet) before unloading both AoEs. This allows GFS to still catch the Gaussian proc window as well as both AoEs, where if using both AoEs first they will eat the five second duration of Gaussian.

- When AoEing try to start with Fire Sword Circle before continuing with Combustion. FSC has a longer CD than Combustion which means this way both will always be up at the same time.

Leveling cheap, normal, and final build (https://www.midsreborn.com/):

Spoiler

The 'I am super new and have nothing to my name (try to get out of this state as soon as possible since it is a slog. Again, read the guide in my signature, sell Merits, etc). This is the cheapest leveling build up to level 20 and while not gospel the level at which the slots were picked was done with care. Combustion is empty since Mids does not have the 5 Prestige Enhancements that the START vendor has, put all five in it. All the uniques in it are the ones I feel are the most important and the Gaussian says 21 but can be slotted at 18:

The 'normal' leveling build at level 20. Both empty slots are taken with Prestige Enhancements until 27 when Obliteration opens:

'Normal' leveling build as a fresh level 50. Focused Accuracy (and Tough) are not necessary while leveling but it's there if needed if facing mobs that debuff accuracy (Vampyr, Cabal, Arachnos, Tsoo, etc). If while leveling it feels like the single target damage is lacking then swap Scorch for  Incinerate, give Incinerate the slotting from Fire Sword (minus the Lady Grey, replace with random damage proc) and give Fire Sword the slotting from Scorch.

There was some care in picking the levels of the slots but it's not gospel:

Level 50 final build. Transition to this as money is made. As above if sure about not about to exemplar to super low levels for TFs like Posi 1 and 2 or even Synapse (Yin and upwards is fine) and wanting more ST damage then replace Scorch for Incinerate. If wanting to be able to traverse the entirety of the exemplar spectrum then leave Scorch in:

Incarnate options:

Spoiler

The incarnate options should either be:

- Alpha: Musculature Radial Paragon for more damage and to help with endurance a little bit more.

- Destiny: Barrier Core Epiphany to be a panic button. As a bonus it adds another permanent 5% defense and resistance. But even with the help of Musculature the endurance might still be tight though should not be a problem in the end-game since Ageless Core Epiphany is a common pick for players and it's an AoE buff. And we still have Recovery Serums and etc. Ageless Core Epiphany could be a choice but we are not THAT starved for endurance and have little need of more recharge.

Or:

- Alpha: Cardiac Core Paragon definitely fixes endurance and even adds a bit of a resistance buff as a bonus at the cost of a bit of damage from not taking Musculature (about-ish 15% if I recall correctly past tests). The resistance bonus is not large since the boost to resistance is to what is granted from powers (not set bonuses) and there is almost nothing from there to E/N hence it only getting a meager 1.5% compared to S/L's more substantial 4%-ish thanks to Tough.

- Destiny: still Barrier as a panic button (and the 5% resistances combined with Cardiac's resistance bonus + a second ATO stack hardcaps S/L resistances and leaves E/N about there), or Vigor as a heal-which-also-serves-as-a-panic-button.

Stone Armor's defense debuff is not much at a miserable 51% (who goes around in Granite form anyway, pshaw!) so defense debuffs can be a problem, which makes me think that Barrier is better than Vigor, but is it? I'm more of a Fire Armor guru and haven't pushed the envelope on Stone Armor.

For defense debuffing factions turning on Weave and having Barrier's minimum 5% after the panic-y -button-y moment has passed leaves the player at 55% which is harder to whittle down than 45% that will cascade near immediately if not killing fast (to be fair not a big problem in teams).

Or carrying small Lucks is enough to have 57% defense and the long term is better played with Vigor's regeneration compounding ours to keep the HP ticking.

I can't stress enough that this nitpicking is overthinking it in an average team. Things die fast, someone is constantly dropping either Ageless or Vigor or Barrier and as said these buffs are an AoE, players are throwing buffs, etc etc. But it doesn't hurt to give it a good ponder.

Since Focused Accuracy is only needed against specific enemies the endurance is well taken in charge of in the final build (4.60 EPS with 1.6 consumption) with Musculature for the extra damage and recovery leaving only to see if Vigor is needed to fix the heal hole that Stone Armor has, or if Barrier is better. Since we can't outheal being debuffed into the negatives Barrier seems smarter but there are arguments to be made for either.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Love this Sov. If I could pick your brain, could you share what your endgame, properly invested build would look like?

Edit: don’t mind me, I found it. My bad!

Would you ever think about picking up Granite as an “oh crap” button, if needed?

Edited by StriderIV

6 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Love this Sov. If I could pick your brain, could you share what your endgame, properly invested build would look like?

Edit: don’t mind me, I found it. My bad!

Would you ever think about picking up Granite as an “oh crap” button, if needed?

Granite just doesn't add much (IMO). We go from 52% DDR to 60%, and all resistances are maxed out, but we lose a bit of defense. Scrounging one slot for two +5 defense IOs pushes the defense back to 43% (which is a perfectly acceptable number), but we have the host of penalties from Granite (-30% damage, -65% recharge, can't jump, can't fly (which, as a flier myself, just wouldn't fly (badumtsh!)) plus losing the recharge from Minerals, the recovery from Crystal Armor, the damage from Brimstone.

Not gonna poopoo on it since it remains an option as Weave is mostly taken as a mule, but lets ponder it. So what actual gains from it? It gives 40% resistances but we only lack around 25%-ish to hardcap (which we can get close to with the ATO so realistically we only need around 12%-ish, less with Barrier, and small oranges give 10% too) and another 8% DDR, plus a bunch of mez resistance.

It's an option, and it's not difficult to get either. Just swap Weave for Granite and take one slot from Brimstone to put two +5 defense IOs into it.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Rhymere said:

A bit out of left field but could I use the proc tactics on elec/ invuln sentinel with ball lightning?

Different AT, different primary, different secondary.

I will probably turn this thread into another compilation of builds instead of scattering them all over the forums. Here is another Stone Armor in the same vein. I will just copy and paste the post I made somewhere else:

To be fair the only improvement is Elec Melee having Thunderstrike with better numbers. It now hits harder, recharges a bit slower, and animates faster going from 3.3 to 2.5. Almost worth using for ST, I guess.

So I thought hey, lets look at it paired with Stone. Stone Armor has an endurance problem that the extra endurance from Crystal Armor is unable to cope with, but Elec Melee has a secondary effect of sapping mobs and giving the endurance back to us. It also adds a small damage boost that Elec Melee desperately needs.

The single target rotation should be something like Thunderstrike, Charged Brawl, Havoc Punch, Charged Brawl, Chain Induction, Charged Brawl, Havoc Punch, repeat.

I didn't actually level it, and the ST damage will still be slow since, barring Thunderstrike, the hardest hitting does... *drumroll* 260 damage, lol.

Okay, no, it will do a bit of damage extra since Brimstone does a damage proc that Mids currently does not account for.

To the meat and bones:

- Softcapped defense to all (except Fire, Cold, and Toxic) without Weave. Weave is taken but only as a mule for another LotG since I'm out of slots and out of interesting powers. Toggle it on if you want to reach 50%, trade two slots from Minerals to reach 52%.

- "Okay, but we're fighting Devouring Earth and they destroy my defenses!" That's fine, you ALSO get 90% to all resists with the sole and single exception of Psi with 3 stacks of the ATO and 5% from Barrier. A miserable 86% to S/L and 84(.9) to E/N with Barrier and only two stacks.

- 130 seconds Hasten though the FF proc in Thunderstrike should make it perma or close to.

- Capped HP, so 3.5k with the accompanying 63 HP regen.

- Endurance mightshouldmaybe be okay with 2.06 end use and 4.56 EPS plus 4 endurance procs and while Mids has not been updated yet the Focused Accuracy costs were halved in Page 7 which will help a bit more.

Tanker (Stone Armor - Electrical Melee - LR).mbd

FAQ.

Free power?

A: There was nothing else that interested me. Take Taunt, you're a Tanker, right? Or Conserve Power. Or Lightning Clap (accuracy sucks though but a +5 accuracy will put it at 88%).

What about Gloom?

A: Too long a recharge to be part of the attack chain so it's only used every two rotations. Page 7 further increases its recharge. Replace something for it if wanting it in though, it's a build, not a bible.

Fly is taken so late!
A: Use a 5k jetpack from the P2W to move around until 26. Or replace Hasten with Fly.

This is not a leveling build.

A: Well, it kinda is, the powers are taken in order and what is stays, but yeah, some slots will move around at 50. If someone needs a leveling build just beep me and I'll replace the IOs for cheaper stuff.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Baalrath said:

Having a blast with your Fire/ma build. Soon to be my first 50. Fun from early on for sure.

How does this build compare to fire/ma one for surviving and damage?

Sadly? Much better surviving and only a bit slower. While it's not the absolute test I cringed a little bit at running a Yin in my 30s and the Fire Armor was touch and go for survival and did it in 54 minutes at +1x8 without skipping. I tried to not use inspirations but had to eat a few both greens and purples to survive.

The Stone/Fire Melee breezed through it without inspirations at all except a few blues thanks to Super Stunners... and did it in 58 minutes.

Disheartening for a Fire Armor lover :D

But to insist it is not an actual test. The Fire Armor was using Elec Melee which sucks outside of the Lightning Rod nuke. Perhaps a Fire/Fire would have much results than 54 minutes. But the survivability would have been the same.

The Fire Armor also got immediately bogged at the first mission of Moonfire as the vampyr debuffed it to oblivion and it couldn't land a hit (there's a reason I religiously take Focused Accuracy) where the Stone Armor ignored the vampyr since they had to actually hit it to debuff it. In fact i just pulled two groups at once each time 😄

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

At level 41 the Amplifiers ran out, but it's fine as all the slotting took over:

image.png.3a06a6bbb76eb8f22a500591397ce9a5.png

I finally went into the red when facing 4-5 +2 robot Council bosses and had to eat a few greens as I was exemped down for lower than Combat Jumping putting me at 40% defense. It made me rethink the positioning of powers. Since I barely use Earth's Embrace it makes more sense to swap it for EE and have those 3% defense sooner.

But since I don't need purples or oranges I just keep a row of blues (not strictly necessary but I don't have Tough or Focused Accuracy toggled on yet) and other than a row of greens for emergencies I keep on combining inspirations into reds. Gotta lean on our strength after all, if less defensive builds need insps to survive then as we don't need to worry about survival we instead amp the outcoming damage.

Edited by Sovera

nice breakdown.  id be interested to see your take on Stone/Rad Tanker  compared to your brute.   Stone/Rad is def my favorite tanker and i based my build loosely on your brute (i like fold space gimmick cuz i dont take taunt and im lazy lol).  0/x8 started WAAAAY earlier on this combo than any other tanker combo ive played...had bosses on too.  😃 

*edit* also... Ice mistrals in mudpots!   (fold space everything into the supa slow mudpots and atom smasher everything to death while using single rotation on contaminated boss to act like a 3rd aura... its bonkers how "easy" it feels)

Edited by The_Traveler

14 minutes ago, The_Traveler said:

nice breakdown.  id be interested to see your take on Stone/Rad Tanker  compared to your brute.   Stone/Rad is def my favorite tanker and i based my build loosely on your brute (i like fold space gimmick cuz i dont take taunt and im lazy lol).  0/x8 started WAAAAY earlier on this combo than any other tanker combo ive played...had bosses on too.  😃 

I'm not sure Rad has enough oomph anymore now that Irradiated Ground got 'fixed'. The ST is not great, the AoE is not great, all things that IG shored up. Now it's fixed the shoring is gone.

But the heal is something that Stone Armor lacks and it would go really well together. With Fusion we can force the heal 2-3 times per Fusion and it becomes silly. The downside is having no AoE other than the contaminated mechanic and Mud Pots all the way to 24 and even then it's just to add a second damage aura.

Looking at the combo it feels better to use Contaminated Strike instead of Devastating Blow, but Devastating Blow gives better ST in the end. But Devastating Blow also comes really late so leveling or exemplaring too much kills any damage rotation since there is nothing to use. Radioactive Smash only until level 16 and Radiation Siphon, and Radioactive Smash and Radiation Siphon only up to 28. Or we use and keep Contaminated Strike which has the ST rotation complete by level 16 but at the cost of less ST. If someone is absolutely sure that they will not exemplar then keep Devastating Blow.

Devastating Blow also has a devastating 2.9 seconds animation which makes using it cringe.

So all said and done I booted a Stone/Rad version and boosted it to 20. Despite having the same numbers as the Fire Melee version it could not handle 0x6 Posi 1 since it had no AoE (boo!).

I then boosted it to 33 and tried Yin. Despite the changes to IG I slotted it the same was as before and it seemed to be about the same. No danger (even less than usual with the constant healing from Radiation Siphon) and the killing seemed to be on par with the Fire Melee. It was a lot heavier on endurance though but Recovery Serums were able to handle it.

Verdict: a viable alternative. It trades a constant influx of heals for more endurance which Recovery Serums can handle while leveling and incarnates should fix in the end-game.

I would still go Fire Melee for the on-demand AoE and no ST animation being slower than 1.6 seconds. Animation time Fire Sword Circle is 2.9 seconds where Atom Blaster is 3.1 but it's close enough unlike Greater Fire Sword VS Devastating Blow.

Tanker (Stone Armor - Rad Melee) Final build.mbd

devastating blow feels bad... it might not be actually?!? but it feels that way.  i run contaminated strike, rad smash and rad siphon for ST rotation and it feels fine.

Atom Smasher has 2.93 activation not 3.1. feels good with lower cooldown; it feels like the only aoe you need imo (maybe due to extra targets for being tanker?!) i  just fill in the recharge with ST attacks on contaminated. *edit* also just looked and see that FSC is 2.67 activation, and does have higher base dmg but not by much*

Early level Aoe does feel "bad", but i buy grenades from START vendor and the issue goes away.  But the survivability.... i think you could solo some things fire never could (not saying its better, just feels more generically useful... if that makes sense).  I remember vaz taking my lunch early on with my fire armor chars; didnt feel that way with stone armor.

i know its gimmicky, but fold spaces feels like a champion on a tanker due to more targets... 

I havent noticed end issues at all, but i have the 3 health procs and 2 perf shifter procs.

Edited by The_Traveler
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, The_Traveler said:

devastating blow feels bad... it might not be actually?!? but it feels that way.  i run contaminated strike, rad smash and rad siphon for ST rotation and it feels fine.

Atom Smasher has 2.93 activation not 3.1. feels good with lower cooldown; it feels like the only aoe you need imo (maybe due to extra targets for being tanker?!) i  just fill in the recharge with ST attacks on contaminated. *edit* also just looked and see that FSC is 2.67 activation, and does have higher base dmg but not by much*

Early level Aoe does feel "bad", but i buy grenades from START vendor and the issue goes away.  But the survivability.... i think you could solo some things fire never could (not saying its better, just feels more generically useful... if that makes sense).  I remember vaz taking my lunch early on with my fire armor chars; didnt feel that way with stone armor.

i know its gimmicky, but fold spaces feels like a champion on a tanker due to more targets... 

I havent noticed end issues at all, but i have the 3 health procs and 2 perf shifter procs.

The problem with 2.9 animations is that thanks to the prehistoric artifact of ancient times if we hit that 5% chance of missing we whiffed. That just feels bad. At least Fire Melee only has 1,6 so when the 5% hits we just move on.

I soloed Posi 1 and 2 with the Stone/Fire at 0x6, but it was all twinked to the max with early IOs. And yeah, the extra healing definitely tips the scales for survival since it is something Stone lacks. Even maxed out 63 HPS is not really going to be saving anyone's butt if debuffs happen.

But the discrepancy you notice in the cast times is because you don't have Arcana Time toggled on in Mids. There is an aftercast where we can't move or use skills after each animation that the animation time does not account for. So 2.9 animation becomes 3.1. 0.2 seconds is not something we can notice with the naked eye, but it's there.

1 hour ago, The_Traveler said:

yeah probably why devastating blow feels bad.  that makes sense.   I didnt know about arcana time 😃 

do you think the 2nd -res procs makes up for the loss of damage between rad melee and other tanker secondaries?

I think it helps, but it makes no miracles. Also -res procs go down in value the higher the level of the enemy. They are just overvalued due to all damage tests being run on a +0 enemy.

Geeze Sovera, as if I needed  yet another alt. 😛

Talking about Stone's lack of a heal though; Rad Melee might be kind of bad, but would Dark Melee pair well with Stone to have that extra heal (should someone want to go that route)?

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Geeze Sovera, as if I needed  yet another alt. 😛

Talking about Stone's lack of a heal though; Rad Melee might be kind of bad, but would Dark Melee pair well with Stone to have that extra heal (should someone want to go that route)?

More alts, more alts, more alts!

I'd be hard pressed to say which is worse if Rad Melee or Dark Melee, but Dark Melee would fix both the endurance AND help with the heal while Stone would help prop Dark Melee's damage.

I'd like DM more if we could get rid of the Soul Drain that feels bad between lengthy cast, lengthy CD, and the variable damage buff always making us have to decide whether to buff our damage to finish killing a group or save it for the next group.

But yeah, I think DM would pair well though it might end being a case of killing slower meaning it also gives mobs more time to hurt us between the low ST damage and the lack of AoE.... dat Touch of Fear... It almost feels like a waste of slots for those weak ass 120 damage, but I can bost its damage by.. 30 points by adding two more damage procs in exchange of stats and 2.5 E/N resistances. Welp, the 120 don't take into account Brimstone which would help it some.

Tanker (Stone Armor - Dark Melee) Final build.mbd

To level with I'd take Shadow Punch until level 30 and Midnight Grasp and then respec out of Shadow Punch.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 2

Interesting, so you're almost better off not trying to plug Stone's lack of heal via your secondary powerset. Though honestly, I wonder how badly you even actually need to fill that hole given the stats you came up with in your original iteration, not to mention inspirations and later on, incarnates.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Made some truly minor changes to the final build at realizing it did not have a 5th LotG slotted (teehee). After way way too long fiddling with it I couldn't find a spare slot for Physical Perfection. It would be better to take the slot from Brimstone and put it as a +5 endmod in Physical perfection, but, eh, it's a 0.04 gain. Could also take a single proc from any of the attacks, but no, Tankers already whittle enemies down.

So I left it as is. Still a sliver better recovery and sliver less consumption, 2.7 seconds for Hasten so it's squarely at 126 seconds now. +5-ing the two slots in Earth's Embrace is just petty but it leaves the HP a one point from being hardcapped once the accolades have been collected. Lost 2% S/L resistances in the process.

This was the build i have worked out

Spoiler

Hero Tanker
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Stone Armor
  • Secondary powerset: Radiation Melee
  • Pool powerset (#1): Teleportation
  • Pool powerset (#2): Fighting
  • Pool powerset (#3): Leaping
  • Pool powerset (#4): Speed
  • Epic powerset: Energy Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Stone Skin

• A: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP
  • 3: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 5: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 5: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 1: Contaminated Strike

• A: Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • 3: Gladiator's Strike: Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech
  • 7: Gladiator's Strike: Accuracy/Damage
  • 7: Gladiator's Strike: Damage/Recharge
  • 27: Gladiator's Strike: Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 2: Radioactive Smash

• A: Might of the Tanker: Accuracy/Damage
  • 42: Might of the Tanker: Damage/Recharge
  • 43: Might of the Tanker: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 43: Might of the Tanker: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 43: Might of the Tanker: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Might of the Tanker: Recharge/Chance for +Res(All)

Level 4: Combat Teleport

• A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up

Level 6: Mud Pots

• A: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 11: Ice Mistral's Torment: Endurance/Slow
  • 11: Ice Mistral's Torment: Damage/Slow
  • 13: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 13: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 15: Fury of the Gladiator: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 8: Rooted

• A: Preventive Medicine: Heal
  • 9: Preventive Medicine: Heal/Endurance
  • 9: Preventive Medicine: Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 21: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime
  • 21: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • 23: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 10: Rock Armor

• A: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance
  • 19: Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge
  • 19: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 15: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • 31: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 12: Crystal Armor

• 29: Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge
  • 29: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 31: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 31: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • 39: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Level 14: Teleport

• A: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 16: Radiation Siphon

• A: Hecatomb: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 23: Theft of Essence: Chance for +Endurance
  • 47: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge
  • 47: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 48: Hecatomb: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 48: Hecatomb: Damage/Endurance

Level 18: Minerals

• A: Reactive Defenses: Defense
  • 33: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance
  • 39: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage
  • 45: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 20: Fold Space

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • 40: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 22: Brimstone Armor

• A: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 39: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 40: Unbreakable Guard: RechargeTime/Resistance
  • 45: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 24: Irradiated Ground

• A: Scirocco's Dervish: Accuracy/Damage
  • 25: Scirocco's Dervish: Damage/Endurance
  • 25: Scirocco's Dervish: Damage/Recharge
  • 27: Scirocco's Dervish: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 34: Scirocco's Dervish: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 36: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 26: Kick

• (Empty)

Level 28: Tough

• A: Aegis: Psionic/Status Resistance
  • 33: Aegis: Resistance
  • 34: Aegis: Resistance/Recharge
  • 37: Aegis: Resistance/Endurance

Level 30: Atom Smasher

• A: Gauntleted Fist: Accuracy/Damage
  • 33: Gauntleted Fist: Damage/RechargeTime
  • 34: Gauntleted Fist: Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • 36: Gauntleted Fist: Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 36: Gauntleted Fist: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 37: Gauntleted Fist: RechargeTime/+Absorb

Level 32: Weave

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 37: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 35: Focused Accuracy

• A: Invention: Endurance Reduction

Level 38: Earth's Embrace

• A: D-Sync Reconstruction

Level 41: Physical Perfection

• A: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • 46: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Level 44: Combat Jumping

• 45: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 46: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance
  • 48: Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge
  • 50: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 47: Fusion

• (Empty)

Level 49: Hasten

• 50: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Inherents:

Level 1: Gauntlet

Level 1: Brawl

• (Empty)

Level 1: Sprint

• (Empty)

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• (Empty)

Level 1: Hurdle

• (Empty)

Level 1: Health

• A: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 40: Miracle: +Recovery
  • 42: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Power Transfer: EndMod
  • 17: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self
  • 42: Performance Shifter: EndMod

Incarnates:

Musculature Radial Paragon

Link

Spoiler

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

been pretty happy with it and im still filling in the expensive stuff...  earths embrace late ill prolly end up moving into kicks spot for exempt purposes, and push weave to 38.  Energy resist is kinda low but still have defense capped.  been running missions and stuff on +1 x8 with next to zero issues.  would like to find that last bump for hasten to be perma, but didnt know what to give up for it.  cant have everything i suppose... any recharge buff in party makes it perma.  

Let me know what you think

Edited by The_Traveler

To be honest, I think the best starter armor set for tankers is radiation armor;  You get 2 additional sources of end recovery, (gamma boost & particle shielding), solid resists, a self heal, and a debuffing taunt aura.  You don't need any special slotting, (other than throwing 3 recharges in the aforementioned particle shielding to make it perma and setting it to autofire).  Treat ground zero as a click PBAoE damage power and don't worry about its ally heal effect at first, and either ignore meltdown or only treat it as an "oh sh!t" power and not as a standard part of your kit.

For melee sets, I'd ignore any with special mechanics for now, and probably recommend battle axe or war mace since they are hard hitting and straightforward to use.

13 minutes ago, The_Traveler said:

This was the build i have worked out

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Tanker
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3

• Primary powerset: Stone Armor
  • Secondary powerset: Radiation Melee
  • Pool powerset (#1): Teleportation
  • Pool powerset (#2): Fighting
  • Pool powerset (#3): Leaping
  • Pool powerset (#4): Speed
  • Epic powerset: Energy Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Stone Skin

• A: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP
  • 3: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 5: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 5: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 1: Contaminated Strike

• A: Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • 3: Gladiator's Strike: Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech
  • 7: Gladiator's Strike: Accuracy/Damage
  • 7: Gladiator's Strike: Damage/Recharge
  • 27: Gladiator's Strike: Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 2: Radioactive Smash

• A: Might of the Tanker: Accuracy/Damage
  • 42: Might of the Tanker: Damage/Recharge
  • 43: Might of the Tanker: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 43: Might of the Tanker: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 43: Might of the Tanker: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Might of the Tanker: Recharge/Chance for +Res(All)

Level 4: Combat Teleport

• A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up

Level 6: Mud Pots

• A: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 11: Ice Mistral's Torment: Endurance/Slow
  • 11: Ice Mistral's Torment: Damage/Slow
  • 13: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 13: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 15: Fury of the Gladiator: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 8: Rooted

• A: Preventive Medicine: Heal
  • 9: Preventive Medicine: Heal/Endurance
  • 9: Preventive Medicine: Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 21: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime
  • 21: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • 23: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 10: Rock Armor

• 19: Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge
  • 19: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 15: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • 31: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 12: Crystal Armor

• 29: Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge
  • 29: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 31: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 31: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • 39: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Level 14: Teleport

• A: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 16: Radiation Siphon

• A: Hecatomb: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 23: Theft of Essence: Chance for +Endurance
  • 47: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge
  • 47: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 48: Hecatomb: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 48: Hecatomb: Damage/Endurance

Level 18: Minerals

• A: Reactive Defenses: Defense
  • 33: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance
  • 39: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage
  • 45: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 20: Fold Space

• 40: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 22: Brimstone Armor

• A: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 39: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 40: Unbreakable Guard: RechargeTime/Resistance
  • 45: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 24: Irradiated Ground

• A: Scirocco's Dervish: Accuracy/Damage
  • 25: Scirocco's Dervish: Damage/Endurance
  • 25: Scirocco's Dervish: Damage/Recharge
  • 27: Scirocco's Dervish: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 34: Scirocco's Dervish: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 36: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 26: Kick

• (Empty)

Level 28: Tough

• A: Aegis: Psionic/Status Resistance
  • 33: Aegis: Resistance
  • 34: Aegis: Resistance/Recharge
  • 37: Aegis: Resistance/Endurance

Level 30: Atom Smasher

• A: Gauntleted Fist: Accuracy/Damage
  • 33: Gauntleted Fist: Damage/RechargeTime
  • 34: Gauntleted Fist: Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • 36: Gauntleted Fist: Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 36: Gauntleted Fist: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 37: Gauntleted Fist: RechargeTime/+Absorb

Level 32: Weave

• 37: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 35: Focused Accuracy

• A: Invention: Endurance Reduction

Level 38: Earth's Embrace

• A: D-Sync Reconstruction

Level 41: Physical Perfection

• A: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • 46: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Level 44: Combat Jumping

• 45: Shield Wall: Defense
  • 46: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance
  • 48: Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge
  • 50: Shield Wall: Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 47: Fusion

• (Empty)

Level 49: Hasten

• 50: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Inherents:

Level 1: Gauntlet

Level 1: Brawl

• (Empty)

Level 1: Sprint

• (Empty)

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• (Empty)

Level 1: Hurdle

• (Empty)

Level 1: Health

• A: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 40: Miracle: +Recovery
  • 42: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Power Transfer: EndMod
  • 17: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self
  • 42: Performance Shifter: EndMod

Incarnates:

Musculature Radial Paragon

Link

Reveal hidden contents

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

been pretty happy with it and im still filling in the expensive stuff...  earths embrace late ill prolly end up moving into kicks spot for exempt purposes, and push weave to 38.  Energy resist is kinda low but still have defense capped.  been running missions and stuff on +1 x8 with next to zero issues.  would like to find that last bump for hasten to be perma, but didnt know what to give up for it.  cant have everything i suppose... any recharge buff in party makes it perma.  

Let me know what you think

Some quick things I noticed before hitting the hay:

Weave should be a mule, no reason to push it early. By level 40 I was at 45% without amplifiers and without Weave.

No need to slot an expensive D-sync when a regular +5 heal/recharge will put your HP at one point from being capped.

Swapping the slotting between Contaminated and Radioactive Smash lets you slot a FF proc in it which will help Hasten become perma.

You got a mix of purples, two slotted Hastens, and non superior ATOs which sends mixed messages. Is it a leveling build or a final build? If it's a final build then remember to superior the ATOs. And your E/N hole will appreciate a second 6% from splitting the superior Gauntled Fist.

Don't bother with the -res proc in Mud Pots since it has a low chance to go off once every 10 seconds.

There are more small things but I think you'd better off checking the Stone/Rad I posted in this thread for some slotting ideas. It had E/N at 70% at least and Weave was only a mule. Without Hover to add another 3% defense you will need something to make up for it, and, yeah, Weave could be it.

1 minute ago, biostem said:

To be honest, I think the best starter armor set for tankers is radiation armor;  You get 2 additional sources of end recovery, (gamma boost & particle shielding), solid resists, a self heal, and a debuffing taunt aura.  You don't need any special slotting, (other than throwing 3 recharges in the aforementioned particle shielding to make it perma and setting it to autofire).  Treat ground zero as a click PBAoE damage power and don't worry about its ally heal effect at first, and either ignore meltdown or only treat it as an "oh sh!t" power and not as a standard part of your kit.

For melee sets, I'd ignore any with special mechanics for now, and probably recommend battle axe or war mace since they are hard hitting and straightforward to use.

After extensive (so extensive...) leveling with resistance armors I'll have to disagree. By level 13 not needing inspirations and then ignoring debuffs like Vampyr in Moonfire killing accuracy to a point only BU + Gaussian hits them is too good.

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

After extensive (so extensive...) leveling with resistance armors I'll have to disagree. By level 13 not needing inspirations and then ignoring debuffs like Vampyr in Moonfire killing accuracy to a point only BU + Gaussian hits them is too good.

See, I've had the opposite experience;  Defense based sets, IMHO, only come into their own later on.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some defense-based armor sets, but not for a beginner.

1 minute ago, biostem said:

See, I've had the opposite experience;  Defense based sets, IMHO, only come into their own later on.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some defense-based armor sets, but not for a beginner.

As I point in this very thread, at level 13 it's on at 39% defense with only both +defense uniques, four SOs, and Amplifiers. At level 28 it's at 45%-ish without Amplifiers. But in the low levels 40% is already godmode.