Rad/Stone build and compilation of Stone Armor builds.

Sovera

I'm seriously disgusted at this. Damn thing soloed Posi 1 and 2 at 0x8, with Posi 2 finishing in 45 minutes. That was faster than my Fire Armor/Stone Melee who has Burn and did it in 46 minutes and that I had made a thread giving an impressed nod.

Then I tried Yin since it left that super low level zone where Fury is OP and at +1x8 it was still soloed in 43 minutes. Again, faster than the Fire/Stone who now had access to Tremor on top of Burn.

But as further insult I was blinking at the speed I was going through mobs and decided that despite not yet having Earth's Embrace/Rooted slotted to stop using inspirations to not skew things, so unlike the Tanker I was not stuffed in purples and reds and whatever else dropped. The only moment I used inspirations was to tackle Yin who debuffed me faster than my downleveled DDR could stop so a medium purple to tackle her and the ambush at the same time.

Even so 43 minutes. And super safe (no inspirations used after all). The upside of a Tanker having more HP gets shut down by Earth's Embrace pushing HP to 3k something once at max level. Not capped but a fat bonus that needs to be ablated.

For all of the spreadsheet and talks the chunks taken out of the AV (without benefit of reds, Fiery Embrace, Burn, or Brimstone) makes my Tanker green with envy, and Brutes who are supposed to be squishier simply are not with Stone Armor being strong as it is.

Despite having slotted all but one of the recovery uniques as well as having slotted both IOs in Stamina and Crystal Armor the endurance keeps on going down (currently 3.26 EPS) and there is still Brimstone, Tough, Weave, and Focused Accuracy to come so it's a tad worrying for someone used to Consume.

For now I use Recovery Serums once my blue bar dips under 20% and it's always available by the time it has returned to 20%. Considering how cheap Recovery Serums are and how it's just the leveling phase I'll carry on doing it and then see how the build behaves at max level with accolades and Musculature 33%.

I'll drop the build here though I don't know how correct it is because of Mids being currently borked. I know the HP bonus, recovery, and stats in many attacks are simply not working or doing double than what they ought, but the IO bonuses seem to be working so I pushed for the usual goals and will revisit when Mids has been fixed.

Should be fixed, but may need a manual download. I got mine from their Discord.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Stone Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9)
Level 2: Stone Skin -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), TtnCtn-ResDam(15), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(17)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal(21)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- OvrFrc-End/Rech(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(21), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(23), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(23), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(31)
Level 12: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Rooted -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Absorb%(34)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Erd-%Dam(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), PrfShf-End%(37), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), PrfShf-EndMod(39)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Minerals -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(43), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(46), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(47), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(47)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(47), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(49), ShlWal-Def(49), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(49)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Marshal
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

Different build replacing Devastating Blow for Contaminated Strike. No, no, contain your sneering, there is MATH!

Spoiler

- Devastating Blow (2.9 animation time and 781 damage), Radioactive Smash (1.7 and 332 damage), Radiation Siphon (2.4 and 476 damage), Radioactive Smash (1.7 and 332 damage) = 8.7 seconds and 1885 damage.

- Radiation Siphon (2.4 animation time and 494 damage), Radioactive Smash (1.7 and 330 damage), Contaminated Strike (1.05 and 175 damage). This leaves a 0.08 second gap (+5 all but the proc in Radiation Siphon and it becomes a 0.5 gap 😄) before Radiation Siphon is up again. So the rotation takes 5.15 seconds to do for 999 damage. Since we are comparing the in-the-time-it-takes-to-do-a-Devastating-Blow-rotation this leaves enough time to add another Siphon (5.15 + 2.4 = 7.55) and another Radioactive Smash (7.55 + 1.7 = 9.25). This is cheating because it passes the rotation of Devastating Blow by half a second so it can be quibbled but it's a simple rotation. Which means Radiation Siphon, Radioactive Smash, Contaminated Strike, Radiation Siphon, Radioactive Smash, is half a second longer than the time it would take to do a Devastating Blow rotation.

Which amounts to 1824 damage... which makes a 3% damage loss and no 2.9 animation times in the rotation. It makes for friendlier leveling and exemplaring as well.

Caveats:

- The damage will be slightly different from build to build since a proc more or less will slightly alter the numbers. I'm comparing two builds instead of just swapping the slotting since Unrelenting Fury will go well in Contaminated Strike.

- Enough recharge is needed to eschew a second Contaminated Strike which would bring the damage down.

Level 50 Magic Brute

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(42)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9)
Level 2: Radioactive Smash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(17), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(19), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Stone Skin -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), RctArm-ResDam(15), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(15), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(17)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(21), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Acc/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(31)
Level 12: Fusion -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--Build%(31), AdjTrg-Rchg(34)
Level 16: Rooted -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(33), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal(34), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(36), Erd-%Dam(36), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(36), Arm-Dam%(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), PrfShf-End%(37), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), PrfShf-EndMod(46), ShlWal-Def(46)
Level 26: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-Heal(42), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Erd-%Dam(43), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(45), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(47), GldArm-3defTpProc(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(49), ShlWal-Def(49), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(49)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
------------

If there's interest I'll whip a leveling build.

Leveling build:

Spoiler

This is what I leveled with. I might be smarter to take Contaminated Strike since I had big gaps (but Irradiated Ground kept killing things for me) where I'd go Radioactive Smash, Radiation Siphon, inherent power (in my case Mutagen), gap, start over. This gets a lot better as soon as we reach Synapse and about disappears at Yin where all the LotGs plus Minerals plus Devastating Blow tightens the attack loop.

I did not bother putting the slots in order but right away gave two slots to Stone Skin for the two defense uniques, then slotted Irradiated Ground ASAP, same as both my attacks, then made sure I had three slots in my shields for LotG + the two Defense Endurance.

Crystal Armor took precedence in slotting the moment I got it since both Posis are chockful of energy and negative attacks, then life is electrocution in Synapse and Yin. The endurance disappearing never goes away so I also early slotted Crystal for the endurance recovery and slotted Health/Stamina as well. Even so do buy Recovery Serums is my advice.

During leveling we mostly fight +1 so accuracy is a bit skimped and Focused Accuracy is not turned on, but, the new Crey are a bit of a pain and having it when we get blinded by the revamped mobs was something I was very thankful for.

The +5% Shield Wall goes into Hover the moment we get Hover and are level 7, then either use a second slot to mule a LotG or just swap it for a LotG once having Weave. It's just leveling so there is no real wrong answer.

Slotting things is a game of balancing when can I put the things in. For example Hasten needs its three level 25 generic IOS, but generic IOS open at 22, so I don't go rushing slots there if I need to wait for 22 to slot anything in there. Same as the three slots for the defense toggles with the LotG only being able to fit at 22 and the Reactive Defenses at 17.

The leveling build has six free slots. This is simply to represent the leveling experience and the early slotting. Once comfortable and the minimum slotting is in place and more slots are coming in just transition to the complete build adding the things that were left out and that serve to pad the resistances (last slot in Mud Pots, Scaling Resist in Rock Armor, four slotting Brimstone, etc etc, go according to whim).

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Brute

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- BrtFur-Rchg/Fury(A), BrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), BrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), BrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), BrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 2: Stone Skin -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(13), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal(21)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- OvrFrc-End/Rech(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(21), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(23), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(23), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- UnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), UnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(27), UnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), UnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), UnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 12: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15), RechRdx-I(31), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Rooted -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Absorb%(34)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Erd-%Dam(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), PrfShf-End%(37), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), PrfShf-EndMod(39)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(40), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Minerals -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(47), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(50), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
------------

Edited by Sovera
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

You complaining that a Brute did content faster than a Tanker? 🤨

MUH FIRE ARMOR!!

A-ahem, I mean...

Not complaining. I'm just what the heck at, y'know, having pitted Fire Armor and Burn and all offense (Fiery Embrace and inspirations) against uber defensive Stone Armor, and Stone Armor won 😄

Okay, okay, the strength of Tanker builds is being able to reach end game and then be able to make tight builds with plenty of procs and such. So it is not fair to compare two leveling builds slotted similarly instead of two end-game builds tweaked to their AT's strength.

1 hour ago, StriderIV said:

Nice Sovera! Do you think Stone Armor might work best on a Brute, since  Earth’s Embrace can push their HP so high?

I also see you skip Granite! No need for it?

Stone Armor does 'fix' some of the squishyness a Brute has. Part of it is the lower HP noticed in things like Market Crash with the -HP debuff the last boss applies, Stone now has a lot of bells and whistles between recharge, perception, recovery and the faster HP buff.

I also ran out of powers to take Granite but it is a good one slot wonder (+5 defense in there imo). Someone not taking Fly can squeeze it in.

Edited by Sovera

I think Granite could be useful on a new Tanker/Brute (Tanks) without a full build. If the defences start failing then switch to Granite fast. But a good build will not need Granite in my opinion. The tiny bit of extra it gives over the normal armours is not worth the mobility and recharge/damage debuffs etc. Plus Granite is not effective vs Psi damage.

Taking granite is not wrong, it just isn't needed as much nowadays. A Brute may benefit from Granite a little more though.

Edited by Gobbledegook

On 12/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, Sovera said:

I'm seriously disgusted at this. Damn thing soloed Posi 1 and 2 at 0x8, with Posi 2 finishing in 45 minutes. That was faster than my Fire Armor/Stone Melee who has Burn and did it in 46 minutes and that I had made a thread giving an impressed nod.

Then I tried Yin since it left that super low level zone where Fury is OP and at +1x8 it was still soloed in 43 minutes. Again, faster than the Fire/Stone who now had access to Tremor on top of Burn.

But as further insult I was blinking at the speed I was going through mobs and decided that despite not yet having Earth's Embrace/Rooted slotted to stop using inspirations to not skew things, so unlike the Tanker I was not stuffed in purples and reds and whatever else dropped. The only moment I used inspirations was to tackle Yin who debuffed me faster than my downleveled DDR could stop so a medium purple to tackle her and the ambush at the same time.

Even so 43 minutes. And super safe (no inspirations used after all). The upside of a Tanker having more HP gets shut down by Earth's Embrace pushing HP to 3k something once at max level. Not capped but a fat bonus that needs to be ablated.

For all of the spreadsheet and talks the chunks taken out of the AV (without benefit of reds, Fiery Embrace, Burn, or Brimstone) makes my Tanker green with envy, and Brutes who are supposed to be squishier simply are not with Stone Armor being strong as it is.

Despite having slotted all but one of the recovery uniques as well as having slotted both IOs in Stamina and Crystal Armor the endurance keeps on going down (currently 3.26 EPS) and there is still Brimstone, Tough, Weave, and Focused Accuracy to come so it's a tad worrying for someone used to Consume.

For now I use Recovery Serums once my blue bar dips under 20% and it's always available by the time it has returned to 20%. Considering how cheap Recovery Serums are and how it's just the leveling phase I'll carry on doing it and then see how the build behaves at max level with accolades and Musculature 33%.

I'll drop the build here though I don't know how correct it is because of Mids being currently borked. I know the HP bonus, recovery, and stats in many attacks are simply not working or doing double than what they ought, but the IO bonuses seem to be working so I pushed for the usual goals and will revisit when Mids has been fixed.

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.1.2

Level 50 Magic Brute

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9)
Level 2: Stone Skin -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), TtnCtn-ResDam(15), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(17)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(31)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Erd-%Dam(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(43), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(46), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(47), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(47)
------------

If there's interest I'll whip a leveling build.

Sounds fun! I would be interested in a leveling build!

5 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Am I the only one impressed that Rad Melee is soloing AV's?

It was on a Bio, but my Scrapper Rad did the pylon in 1:45. I'll grant it had three sources of -res though.

2 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

I second this 

5 hours ago, Glowman said:

Sounds fun! I would be interested in a leveling build!

Added to the OP, and say hello to Willow for me 😄

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

It was on a Bio, but my Scrapper Rad did the pylon in 1:45. I'll grant it had three sources of -res though.

Added to the OP, and say hello to Willow for me 😄

Thx for the lvl'ing build and info in general.

When I mentioned AV soloing it was in regards to the ones at the end of the TFs.

I've never seen it mentioned about rad melee doing that.

It's making me think of dusting my Rad/Fa brute off for more than just farming.

Also giving my thoughts on an Rad/Inv Scrapper or Brute.

10 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Thx for the lvl'ing build and info in general.

When I mentioned AV soloing it was in regards to the ones at the end of the TFs.

I've never seen it mentioned about rad melee doing that.

It's making me think of dusting my Rad/Fa brute off for more than just farming.

Also giving my thoughts on an Rad/Inv Scrapper or Brute.

Pretty much anything can solo an AV at the end of a TF. The one that would most likely be a stop over is... whatchamacallit, I forgot the name, but the last one at Manticore's TF. That's because he's literally a tank with the resists that go with it. My Fire/Stone Melee Tanker was progressing so slowly I gave up and went to get Daggers from the P2W vendor.

In Yin I could see the chunks of HP being taken from the AV. Every hit was a noticeable bit of HP off.

Now, if it's really top tier? I dunno, I remember that 1:45 time on a pylon, but it had three -res sources which play -very- well with pylons. 1:45 isn't super amazeballs either (but it's top tier good) and it was combined with Bio. I'll give it a try on the Brute just to compare and also to check the times with and without Brimstone.

It's not going to be 1:45 though. Scrappers do more damage and this gal is neither with three -res sources nor Bio.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, McOz said:

Rad melee hits like a semi... at 15 MPH. It feels really slow and clunky to me. How do others find it?

I usually compare it to a truck...dropped from orbit. Hits hard when it gets there, but you have to wait for it to arrive.

It is a slower paced, more deliberate set than others. I would guess because the designers wanted to give you time to see what has had "CONTAMINATED" appear above its head in order to make use of the set mechanics. The two powers I find little use for when using the set are Proton Sweep and Devastating Blow, both of which I skip in favor of Cross Punch. While that hinder making use of the mechanic somewhat with sufficient global recharge you can lean on Radiation Siphon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Atom Smasher is there to generate Containment. I haven't swapped in other attacks, and I'm not a fan of longer animations, but Irradiated Ground and Atom Smasher carry the set. I do lose count how often Devastating Blow lands too late, but it does hit hard when it does land.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Update:

Soloed Moonfire and Citadel, nothing special to report, same ol'. I'm not the first one to think it but Atom Smasher feels superfluous. Hit the boss, by the time ti's dead so are most minions from the double auras. But it does have its use to hurry things along when we don't want to be debuffed or be hit.

Manticore. Manticore was painful. Four deaths. The revamped Crey hurt. Granted that my amplifiers had run out and I had 38% defense with no Tough or Weave in yet.

I had not noticed on the Fire/Stone Melee Tanker but the new rad PPs debuff resistances instead of defenses and they were pretty much responsible for all deaths as I wandered around with 16% resists to energy. The -res debuff seems to have some weird interactions in my opinion. My defenses show as untouched, but my -res plummets into the red, and suddenly I'm dead. If mobs were not hitting me before why are they hitting and killing me in a few seconds once resistances are on the red? It's the Shepherds all over again.

Strange.

Regardless all things that were a bother for the Fire Tanker were ignored by the Stone Armor. No confuse shenanigans, no blinds, Stone Armor handled all of that. I kept leveling and adding slots and was back to 40% defenses and up to 28% resists to E/N by the end of Manticore. Unlike the Fire/Stone Tanker I had no need to get Envenomed Daggers and killed both AVs without inspirations either defensive or offensive (but Stone is pure Smash and Rad is Smash, then chunky Energy and some Toxic so a more exotic spread).

Not bad considering it's a leveling build still and has no damage procs in Radioactive Smash and only one in Devastating Blow.

The praises to Radiation have been sung and its downsides are common fodder in the forums, but one thing I seldom see mentioned is how well tailored the devs made the ST rotation. It's just too pat for me to believe it was random coincidence. Devastating, Smash, Siphon, Smash, loop, is something that starts early, is forgiving, and is simple.

It's the opposite of StJ and EM whose awkward recharges force piano play and long rotations to not have gaps while waiting for the big hitters to return.

Thoughts:

Having a panic button in Granite might have saved those deaths. The easier answer would be removing Combat Jumping and then rearrange the slotting to find 2%. 2% to psi, E/N/S/L might be a case of completely reconstructing the build though. Or take Atom Smasher out for Granite, but Atom Smasher has its uses not least being a perfect mule to six slot Brute's Fury. In any other attack it would eat one or two damage procs.

Dark Melee/Stone might just be the superior variant to this. Dark Consumption would fix the endurance handily (I counted, I currently have 9 toggles. End game build has 12. No wonder endurance can't keep up), Touch of Fear - Shadow Maul - Touch of Fear is decent AoE, the ST is ok without being super but without being Elec Melee bad, and it comes with the small heal. The ST from Rad Melee is going to be handily better though.

Edited by Sovera
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not perfect but here's a version with Granite.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Brute

Villain Profile:
Level 28: Minerals -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 38: Granite Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), RctArm-ResDam(47), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
------------

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

Update:

Soloed Moonfire and Citadel, nothing special to report, same ol'. I'm not the first one to think it but Atom Smasher feels superfluous. Hit the boss, by the time ti's dead so are most minions from the double auras. But it does have its use to hurry things along when we don't want to be debuffed or be hit.

Manticore. Manticore was painful. Four deaths. The revamped Crey hurt. Granted that my amplifiers had run out and I had 38% defense with no Tough or Weave in yet.

I had not noticed on the Fire/Stone Melee Tanker but the new rad PPs debuff resistances instead of defenses and they were pretty much responsible for all deaths as I wandered around with 16% resists to energy. The -res debuff seems to have some weird interactions in my opinion. My defenses show as untouched, but my -res plummets into the red, and suddenly I'm dead. If mobs were not hitting me before why are they hitting and killing me in a few seconds once resistances are on the red? It's the Shepherds all over again.

Strange.

Regardless all things that were a bother for the Fire Tanker were ignored by the Stone Armor. No confuse shenanigans, no blinds, Stone Armor handled all of that. I kept leveling and adding slots and was back to 40% defenses and up to 28% resists to E/N by the end of Manticore. Unlike the Fire/Stone Tanker I had no need to get Envenomed Daggers and killed both AVs without inspirations either defensive or offensive (but Stone is pure Smash and Rad is Smash, then chunky Energy and some Toxic so a more exotic spread).

Not bad considering it's a leveling build still and has no damage procs in Radioactive Smash and only one in Devastating Blow.

The praises to Radiation have been sung and its downsides are common fodder in the forums, but one thing I seldom see mentioned is how well tailored the devs made the ST rotation. It's just too pat for me to believe it was random coincidence. Devastating, Smash, Siphon, Smash, loop, is something that starts early, is forgiving, and is simple.

It's the opposite of StJ and EM whose awkward recharges force piano play and long rotations to not have gaps while waiting for the big hitters to return.

Thoughts:

Having a panic button in Granite might have saved those deaths. The easier answer would be removing Combat Jumping and then rearrange the slotting to find 2%. 2% to psi, E/N/S/L might be a case of completely reconstructing the build though. Or take Atom Smasher out for Granite, but Atom Smasher has its uses not least being a perfect mule to six slot Brute's Fury. In any other attack it would eat one or two damage procs.

Dark Melee/Stone might just be the superior variant to this. Dark Consumption would fix the endurance handily (I counted, I currently have 9 toggles. End game build has 12. No wonder endurance can't keep up), Touch of Fear - Shadow Maul - Touch of Fear is decent AoE, the ST is ok without being super but without being Elec Melee bad, and it comes with the small heal. The ST from Rad Melee is going to be handily better though.

Thanks for the info share, Sov. Dark Melee/Stone is a combo I’ve been thinking of for a bit myself, I’ve just been trying to figure out what archetype to run it on. It does seem like it’d be pretty much unkillable on a Tanker

9 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Thanks for the info share, Sov. Dark Melee/Stone is a combo I’ve been thinking of for a bit myself, I’ve just been trying to figure out what archetype to run it on. It does seem like it’d be pretty much unkillable on a Tanker

Certainly Soul Drain with Mud Pots should be fun...and then you'll get Brimstone.

• Thumbs Up 1

And since I was pondering a Dark version I checked the damage difference.

One Rad rotation: Devastating Blow (2.9 seconds, 775 damage), Radioactive Smash (1.7 animation, 303 damage), Radiation Siphon (2.4 animation, 434 damage), Radioactive Smash (1.7 animation, 303 damage) = 8.7 seconds for 1815 damage.

One Dark Melee rotation with 1 person in Soul Drain: Siphon Life (2.1 animation, 436 damage), Shadow Punch (1 second animation, 174 damage), Smite (1.2 animation, 275 damage), Shadow Punch (1 second animation, 174 damage) = 5.3 seconds for 1.059. That gives time for another Siphon Life and Shadow Punch (2.1 + 1 = 3.1. 3.1 + 5.3 = 8.4, bringing damage to in-the-time-a-single-Rad-ST-loop-happens for DM to do 1669. Round it to 1700.

Neither calculation is perfect. Rad Melee has Irradiated Ground ticking all the time and Dark Melee can and probably will get more than a single target in Soul Drain.

Now Midnight Grasp is much better damage than Shadow Punch but comes super late. That means leveling and exemplaring with just two attacks. But for the sake of argument: Midnight Grasp (2.3 animation for 650 damage), Smite (1.2 animation, 275 damage), Siphon Life (2.1 animation, 436 damage), Smite (1.2 animation, 275 damage) = 6.8 seconds for 1636 damage. That still gives time for one more Midnight Grasp so 8.1. I could squeak in a Smite and just run over a bit but I won't. That leaves damage at 2.286.

Again, lets not forget Irradiated Ground hits decently hard and is passively ticking in the background.

The Midnight Grasp also does not clutter the start where trying to cram all the powers at once is pretty difficult. Even so I could only squeeze in Earth's Embrace at level 30. Trying to squeeze Shadow Punch would force me to push back... something. I'm not sure what. I don't want to push Rooted back. Someone who does not take Fly can put Rooted at level 24.

I'll leave the MG build here. The free slot in Soul Drain is for Gaussian but I didn't put it in so it wouldn't skew my numbers:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(17), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(19), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(7)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(45)
Level 4: Stone Skin -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(15), TtnCtn-ResDam(17)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(21), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(23), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(25), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(25)
Level 12: Touch of Fear -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(36), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(36), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(36), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(37), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(37)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(40), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(40), RechRdx-I(42), Empty(42)
Level 28: Minerals -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Earth's Embrace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal(46)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Dam%(48)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), RctArm-ResDam(47), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(49), Rct-Def/EndRdx(49)
------------

Edited by Sovera
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you're looking at dark melee give a thought to going tank instead. In my opinion it is by a distance a better set on tanks. The aoe's are bigger and easier to use, soul drain works better with the higher damage scalar and tanks are tough enough to freely build all out for damage. My stone project is a stone/dark tank and it's going pretty well so far.

Since it's a new toy and I'm putting it through its paces I've soloed Numina. Nothing special except the Devouring Earth at the end. No deaths but it was close and I quickly got into the habit of going in, dropping Atom smasher and then get the heck out of dodge, break line of sight, then kill them. Any attempt at face tanking would be instant death I reckon, no fancy regen or heals would have made a difference.

The AV did not require Daggers despite being tagged as GM.

I'm still without Tough or Weave though, and still shy of level 50 so I'm not really interested in soloing the ITF (at just +1 until I incarnate) just yet. The endurance is not getting better and I'm dreading adding Tough and Weave at bare minimum in there. My initial thoughts that 3 Performance Shifters procs plus Panaceia would be enough were vastly optimistic. So far all of those plus 3.50 EPS and without Tough/Weave/Focused Accuracy  nearly drain my endurance in a fight (not the final slotting on attacks though).

With accolades and Musculature it will shoot to 4.39 though, but I will also go from 1.79 to 2.67 with those three toggles. Living off Recovery Serums does not seem appealing so Cardiac is looming ahead.

• Thumbs Up 1