Alternate animations for Gash/Pulverize and/or Swoop/Jawbreaker

It's disappointing how Gash and Swoop look almost identical (and the same for their War Mace equivalents).  There's a minuscule change involving stepping forward with the right leg in the latter version, but it's not enough to really feel like it's offering variety to the set.  One or both should be given an alternate animation so that the two can look distinct and the set doesn't have to be so repetitive.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 12:21 PM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

yup a lot of the OG weapon animations are uhhh dated and identical

I can accept reused animations across multiple different sets, to a degree.  Like, it doesn't bother me that Gash (from Axe) and Pulverize (from Mace) look identical, or heck, that all the Axe attacks have identical Mace attacks have identical equivalents.  It's a bummer when two from the same set are the same, or nearly so, though, and don't just at least have alternatives (like Super Strength has identical animations for Punch and Haymaker in one customization format, but you can always swap one to its alternate, at least).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

I can accept reused animations across multiple different sets, to a degree.  Like, it doesn't bother me that Gash (from Axe) and Pulverize (from Mace) look identical, or heck, that all the Axe attacks have identical Mace attacks have identical equivalents.  It's a bummer when two from the same set are the same, or nearly so, though, and don't just at least have alternatives (like Super Strength has identical animations for Punch and Haymaker in one customization format, but you can always swap one to its alternate, at least).

even sweeter a few powers have built in alternations

in other words they switch from right punch to left punch and then right punch again per button press

very few powers do this but it is possible

when you dig into the animations they are just labeled exampleA.anim & exampleB.anim

I'm not sure how its coded to switch back and forth like that but

wouldn't it be cool if foot stomp and ground punch alternated by itself?

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

Would definitely be cool as an option, though I'm not sure I'd want it as a "default".

of course, of course

in 2 decades no other game has surpassed this one in customizable options. 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?