/Kin or /Time: Which one exemplars the best?

wheresmycow

After doing Positron 1 three days in a row on a tanker, I'm looking to play something that feels good to play even at the low levels.  I know I want to go Fire as the primary, because fire good times yay, but was debating between Kinetics or Time for the secondary.  Anyone have any insights?

Both Kinetics and Time are heavily back ended on their signature powers. When you exemplar, you have access to powers taken up to 5 levels above your combat level. For Posi 1, you would be combat level 15 (if you're running it at max level) and would have access to powers taken up to level 20. For Kinetics, you would lose access to Transference, Fulcrum Shift and Inertial Reduction. For Time, you would lose access to Farsight, Slowed Response and Chrono Shift. The powers remaining are OK, but not great.

I would look at secondaries that get key powers earlier, such as Dark, Nature, Radiation or Traps. Those can be really effective at low levels.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Fire/Time is my go to for for all levels, I'd highly recommend it over /kin at lower levels personally. It's my Solo try hard AV killer, 4 star filler, hard carry exemplar thriller.

As far as the tank thing being the opening statement, if you didn't enjoy the posi1 at low levels for a tank I recommend you try  a Bio/Claws (Spin to Win) or Rad with SS (procaholic), Energy, Battle Axe, or War Mace (it's clobbering time!). Rad as a whole is nuts but it really feels extra with those combos in all content rather it's IO'd or not.

Look forward to what you land on if you don't fall into the altaholics anonymous spiral. 

O/

I've decided to go with Fire/Kin... for now.  Chances are, I'll also make a Fire/Time, so I'll have both options, but I'm going with Fire/Kin first.  Speed boost and both siphons just feel really good at low levels and Transfusion is on a shorter cooldown compared to Temporal Mending, which I find can really matter at those lower levels.  I plan on primarily teaming with my corruptors.