Looking for Feedback on an Illusion/Dark Controller!

Archermonkey

Hi, all!  Pretty much exactly what it says on the title.  I've put together a build that I'm tentatively happy with, but I'm not super-experienced with high-end Controller builds so any feedback would be appreciated.

(Sorry for the link rather than post.  Mids keeps giving me errors when I try to export to forum text.)

Aetherios Starbinder - Controller (Illusion Control - Darkness Affinity).mbd

It's pretty good. You'll be fine as is. I did get pulled in and can suggest some changes (which you can totally ignore, your build is good too). 

No Shadow Fall and Fire Shield basically being unslotted are the only two things I'd pick up on immediately. I love the idea of a Howling Twilight procbomb but here's a slight alternative where you replace Hover or Combat Jumping with Shadow Fall and switch Fire to Mu. Now you've got excellent resistances to the 3 most common damage types alongside capped Ranged Def and close enough to capped E/N (P2W Defense Amplifier, Incarnate Barrier or Incarnate Support Hybrid gets you to cap).

Stamina looks overslotted to me. I'd drop 2 slots and just go with the two Performance Shifters. Use the slots to give Soul Absorb 5 slots. Even just with just 1 target Soul Absorb will easily keep you going. 

You always want Panacea in Health. It's twice as effective as the Performance Shifter in Stamina. 

You want the Soulbound proc in Phantom Army. That 2nd D-Sync seemed wasted anyway. PAs will give themselves build up when attacking with that. 

Also Spectral doesn't really need better Fear duration. Improving the -ToHit is probably more effective (simply because Spectral constantly recasts the fear as both an aura and as an "attack") so I swapped the slots for Blind and Spectral and went Cloud Senses. 

Dark Servant really likes the Cloud Senses proc, it'll account for most of his damage. It's not amazing damage even then but it's okay. 1-1 swap in terms of +recharge so that's okay too. It also enhances his best feature : Lots and lots of -ToHit. 

I would also say that I really don't rate Epic / Patron AoEs on Illusion controllers, simply because it's hard to benefit from Containment damage but I swapped Fireball for Ball Lightning anyway with your slotting copied across. 

I'll also throw in Carni's build, which is quite different, just so you can browse it. 

Aetherios Starbinder - Controller (Illusion Control - Darkness Affinity)_rejigged.mbd Carnifax_tarantula.mbd

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1

Heres what im going to try with  a Ofender play style in mind with the epic.

I was messing around with the new Epic Power pool for +recharge and more ST dmg with access to immobilize powers.

Haven't play tested it yet and never played DA before so not sure what to expect. But 60 seconds of SC and SA looks great to me while im brawling.

I spam hard when I play. I like the extra end recovery, I am able to TP to group members with fly. That'll help sustain my end while im rushing through combat.

Controller (Illusion Control - Darkness Affinity).mbd

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch