Arsenal Control Enhancement Fail

MetaetCetera

it has a -90% run speed debuff, etc, but nothing more. it does not accept slow enhancements, it is just built that way. sort of like how tar patch affects speed and accepts slow encs, but you cannot change the built-in -res effect. so in this case, LN does not accept slow encs, but it does accept AOE damage IO sets.

in fact, now looking around it is almost exactly like ice slick under ice control. 🙂

Edited by Ridiculous Girl
added text

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

I was trying it out on the test server, and the damage seems ... very awkward.

There's no reason to put a damage set into it, considering the damage only procs when a mob actually slips on it, so it's not going to deal any significant damage at all. Which makes the way it's coded seem extremely silly. 151 ticks of X damage over 30 seconds, but really only ends up ticking a couple of times before the mob dies to other stuff. 

31 minutes ago, WumpusRat said:

I was trying it out on the test server, and the damage seems ... very awkward.

since it i a ranged AOE i would put in the annihilation set with the -res, and not much else, except maybe recharge. 🙂 

the damage is wrong on the description though.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

Without slow enhancements and the way it actually deals damage, they are an extremely limited number of viable options. I'm actually not sure if it's intended that this skill does so little damage overall, as a ton of our initial burst (at least on Dom) comes from our ground patches. 

The only one I think that makes a ton of sensebesides Annihilation is Frozen Blast with the chance for an Immob, but gosh that set is expensive.

Edited by Lockely

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)