Mask Presence Now Stacks With Stealth

It seems that mask presence now stacks with stealth. What are the implications of this for VEATs? Before only stalkers could stack hide with stealth but saw minimal benefit because it was overkill. As far as I can tell (mids doesn't allow stacking yet) this should get us roughly 105 feet of stealth. In comparison, Hide on a stalker offers 150 feet of stealth, so not quite the same but much closer than anyone else (apart from illusions). 

I will admit the stealth is a bit of a confusing stat to me, will this be enough stealth to allow us to walk up to an enemy and critical strike them without being seen? It seems we are now in a middle zone between stealth and hide. Trying to determine if it is worth it to respec into stealth from something else like CJ. 

Thoughts?

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

24 minutes ago, Mythical Creature said:

It seems that mask presence now stacks with stealth. What are the implications of this for VEATs? Before only stalkers could stack hide with stealth but saw minimal benefit because it was overkill. As far as I can tell (mids doesn't allow stacking yet) this should get us roughly 105 feet of stealth. In comparison, Hide on a stalker offers 150 feet of stealth, so not quite the same but much closer than anyone else (apart from illusions). 

I will admit the stealth is a bit of a confusing stat to me, will this be enough stealth to allow us to walk up to an enemy and critical strike them without being seen? It seems we are now in a middle zone between stealth and hide. Trying to determine if it is worth it to respec into stealth from something else like CJ. 

Thoughts?

Patch notes: 

"Hidden" Changes:

Mask Presence and Cloaking Device can now stack with other stealth toggles (similar to Hide for Stalkers)

Bane and Night Widow's stealth radius is now 55' in PvE and 500' in PvP (no change for Fortunatas)

Critical Damage from Hidden for Bane attacks now do 100% scale damage (previously 67%)

Critical Damage from Hidden for Night Widow branch attacks now do 100% scale damage (previously 67%). This affects Slash and Eviscerate, only

Placate's cooldown reduced to 35s.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

oh nice, if the celerity stealth proc grants another 30 feet of stealth I think that brings VEATs to a possibility of 135 feet radius (15 shy of hide) with the combo of mask presence, stealth, and stealth proc. 

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown