Consistent Errors in Log files

havokprime

Hello,

When I am playing I consistently see an error in the log files.  I'm not sure if this tied to an inconsistency I see:

2024-02-28 15:45:48 [E]  Error in file CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS/RADIATIONBLAST/SUBTRACTIVE/BLAZINGAURA.FX
2024-02-28 15:45:48 [E]  Error in file CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS/RADIATIONBLAST/SUBTRACTIVE/BLAZINGAURA.FX
2024-02-28 15:45:49 [E]  Error in file CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS/RADIATIONBLAST/SUBTRACTIVE/BLAZINGAURA.FX
2024-02-28 15:45:49 [E]  Error in file CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS/RADIATIONBLAST/SUBTRACTIVE/BLAZINGAURA.FX

I wanted to share this in case there is something more I can supply. 

I've completely deleted and reinstalled CoH and I've continued to see this.  

Ok I think this is tied to what I believe is causing me to crash regularly when I'm running my Rad/Rad Tank.   The weird thing is that no crash report is being generated.

So I can only attach my log file.  My client will just hard lock and do nothing.  I have to kill it to get it to load again (or Windows will tell me it is not responding and it will kill it).  It's very weird.

client.log

• 3 weeks later

Tried switching to compatibility mode ... did not fix.

Created 2 different installs and running 2 toons to test it and did not fix.

I do notice that certain locations are more likely to cause the crashes:

• Large missions in RWZ (i.e. when I run 8 man +2 or greater level ... I think the 8 man is what matters)
  • Fire farms on asteroid are the worst and most likely to crash.

I'm attaching crash files from both clients just in case something is useful across the variance.

cityofheroes-7z06744y0vjw6pdeh4dpch3px4.report cityofheroes-7z0673jfe9kwenar182cbh9n76.report cityofheroes-7z0675965dvgsehvzwrpq4p0xr.report cityofheroes-7z067595tz34n35075c70hmy3t.report

14 hours ago, Luminara said:

Reset your power colors to default.

So that was a good suggestion.  I took it up a notch and completely disabled the power causing the logged error, Irradiated Ground.  Unfortunately, turns out it was a red herring and that did not stop my crashes.  It did remove the logged errors though.

Now I'm at a loss I have no idea why my game locks up and crashes fairly frequently (especially on maps like the Asteroid map).

9 minutes ago, havokprime said:

Yet another great suggestion I'll have to figure out how to do that.

You can start a new thread, or you can click the triple dots at the top right of the original post, select Report and use the message box at the bottom of the pop-up (click on it to expand it) to ask a GM to move the thread.  Or type a GM's name, like @GM Crumpet or @GM Tock and ask for the thread to be moved.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

@Luminara within reason.  After all, there's 18-ish GMs, half of which are tasked in other areas, and there's 10,000+ players.  If there's a flood, we've got higher priorities.

Log errors are insufficient to determine client crash issues.  On a working copy of the game that doesn't crash, 100's of errors for graphics card calls and FX errors will take place.  Do you have the Diagnostic Client turned on?

Edited by GM Tock

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

Posted (edited)

I'll look up how to turn on the diagnostic client ... thanks!

Found the instructions ... I'll enable that and have it on later tonight when I play 😉 ... thank you!

Edited by havokprime
  • Thumbs Up 1