Strike Force level?

I'm attempting to solo the Virgil Tarikoss SF with my lvl 19 MM. I've been getting much tougher mobs than usual -- all reds, oranges and purples. I've soloed Positron's Task Forces and got mobs like in any other mission, so I've been surprised by this difficulty.

Anyway, I noticed that it looks like my level is capped to 18 but my mission is at level 20?

image.thumb.png.fee4211d420d924f42b675c615b176b9.png

Is my impression right? Should the difficulty be showing up the way it is? It feels wrong but there could be something I'm missing.

• City Council

Did you begin the SF @ Level 18 and then level up during it?  I believe TF/SFs level lock you to the level you where when you started them, even if you level during them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Also, Homecoming made the Positron TFs (at least Part 1, not sure about Part 2), no longer a signature TF.  Meaning that mobs spawn at the level of the team leader, and not the highest level of the TF/SF.  Virgil Tarikoss SF is, I believe, a signature SF... meaning that mobs will spawn at the highest level of the SF, regardless of the team leader's level.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/3/2024 at 2:37 PM, Lunar Ronin said:

Also, Homecoming made the Positron TFs (at least Part 1, not sure about Part 2), no longer a signature TF.  Meaning that mobs spawn at the level of the team leader, and not the highest level of the TF/SF.  Virgil Tarikoss SF is, I believe, a signature SF... meaning that mobs will spawn at the highest level of the SF, regardless of the team leader's level.

Ah, that must be it. These task/strike forces are much harder than what soloing Posi 1 & 2 led me to expect. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Norg-Arlik said:

Ah, that must be it. These task/strike forces are much harder than what soloing Posi 1 & 2 led me to expect. Thanks!

No problem.  TFs/SFs/Trials were never meant to be soloed, although most can be by particular ATs, power sets, and builds.  And yeah, the Positron TFs give a bad first impression for soloing as most TFs/SFs are signature, where the mob levels are locked at the highest level of the TF/SF.