wished the council caves were player bases

Considering what some people have done with bases and the base editor, I would think that creating a player base that is at least similar to a council base is totally do-able. Not saying that I can/would do it. Just saying that it is highly likely that it can be done.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

A major wish list item for myself is to have some of the basic mission maps available as a base option.  The cargo ships, some basic caves, council, longbow and vanguard bases, the busted up faultline bases, etc.  Just the single level versions.  Back on live I got good at stacking and building in the old fashion way but I have not been able to wrap my head around everything that can be done now.  I have some groups that would be fine with a basic option from the map library I could just decorate a bit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PapaSlade said:

A major wish list item for myself is to have some of the basic mission maps available as a base option.  The cargo ships, some basic caves, council, longbow and vanguard bases, the busted up faultline bases, etc. 

All of which can be made with the exception of the cargo ship, but wait, you can make a battle ship base. Just need time and a little imagination. 

@Etched

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 9:23 AM, Etched said:

All of which can be made with the exception of the cargo ship, but wait, you can make a battle ship base. Just need time and a little imagination. 

@Etched

Believe me, I marvel at the accomplishments of many a base builder in this current state of the game, and back on live I was pretty happy with my skills in stacking all the parts and pieces to create a nice multi level base layout, and there is a lot I would really like to do, there is no "lack of imagination" but I also got good at base building during the 07-08 recession when I was laid off for 7 months.  Things are considerably more complicated now and I have other ways I want to spend my time  - even in game.  Not everyone has the skill, time or interest in building from the ground up but also would like something other than set of shoe boxes to call home.  Having some basic map options would go along way to meeting the need of players that do not wish to be master builders.

On 3/3/2024 at 9:32 PM, PapaSlade said:

A major wish list item for myself is to have some of the basic mission maps available as a base option.  The cargo ships, some basic caves, council, longbow and vanguard bases, the busted up faultline bases, etc.  Just the single level versions.  Back on live I got good at stacking and building in the old fashion way but I have not been able to wrap my head around everything that can be done now.  I have some groups that would be fine with a basic option from the map library I could just decorate a bit.

Unfortunately the Base editor is a beast unto itself written in a very different way to the rest of the game. It would need a whole new editor to be able to import or work from existing mission maps.

Totally understand about where the desire to invest time differs from person to person.

Captain Matsiyan, Office of Naval Intelligence, Terran Stellar Navy

Community Base Directory   •  Base Building Guide  •  City of Base Building Discord Add to Bases Guestbook