Thinking about a Beam/SR char. Any suggestions/skips/advice?

Wolfboy1

So just what the title says, I have played a Beam/Rad toon to 50 (and my only 50 too 😞 ) and I like the beam rifle damage and play style I suppose.  SR though is something I'm not to familiar with. 

Something off topic though, i was going through DA with my Beam/Rad guy and got to the last part of that mission with saving the Sigil and Kabala...I let loose an ionic blast from the incarnate power and.... a half second later I was in the hospital since all the KoV hadn't died and they just mowed me down before I could even think about clicking anything else.  Sadness 😞 

SR is pretty simple. You pick all the powers except elude and build for defensive softcap. You get a choice between practices or master brawler. Practiced allows you to double stack your mez protection but requires you to pay attention to it. Master is a toggle variety so no stacking.

Elude has a pretty big crash if you go that route, but it's more useful for PvP than anything these days.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

19 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

SR is pretty simple. You pick all the powers except elude and big for defensive softcap. You get a choice between practices or master brawler. Practiced allows you to double stack your mez protection but requires you to pay attention to it. Master is a toggle variety so no stacking.

Elude has a pretty big crash if you go that route, but it's more useful for PvP than anything these days.

Oh no worries on Elude, was planning on skipping it anyway as I am not going for PvP at all.

I was thinking of going Master Brawler, I don't like having to watch my Mez protection so that's probably the way to go.

Master Brawler is not only super dope because it's a toggle, but it gives you a click absorb power that gives you more absorb the less HP/more end you have. I think I got it to a 15 sec downtime and it granted about 450 hp at full health/ end on a DP/SR.

You can also get a very high run speed with Ninja/Beast/Athletic+Sprint+Quickness. 

I also started a beam/SR recently, never tried beam before. Thinking elec mastery.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grimm2 said:

Master Brawler is not only super dope because it's a toggle, but it gives you a click absorb power that gives you more absorb the less HP/more end you have. I think I got it to a 15 sec downtime and it granted about 450 hp at full health/ end on a DP/SR.

You can also get a very high run speed with Ninja/Beast/Athletic+Sprint+Quickness. 

I also started a beam/SR recently, never tried beam before. Thinking elec mastery.

Yeah, im thinking Elec mastery as well since it would fit thematically with the char.  My biggest hurdle currently...what to name him! 😄 

I was actually thinking of doing up a DP/SR as well...  My DP/Nin fared...badly. 

Edited by Wolfboy1

Posted (edited)

You know I was just looking at some of the newer pool powers and wondered what would be more thematic for a agile robot?  Combat Teleport was something I looked at for theme but I don't want to gimp the characters either.

Hover blasting I think may be ideal though, but im curious as I have not really given any consideration to the newer pool powers either.  Hover would be the safer option though I am thinking but...what do you guys think?  Is it viable to get both Combat Teleport, Hover and a Travel power?

Edited by Wolfboy1