Add inherent fitness powers to mastermind pets with a 0% buff so we can enhance their health and endurance regeneration

It would be nice if the Mastermind pets could be "tweaked" and "improved" a bit beyond just attack, damage, and the effects of their special abilities. Of note is that there's no real defensive upgrades you can do!

However, I have an idea. If you add the inherent fitness powers to them and nerf their base stats such that they wind up with no net positive or negative, we'd be able to use end modification and healing boosting buffs to power them up a bit.

The use-case is that it would reduce downtime for Masterminds, as you could tune your spec to keep your pets operational for longer durations, at the cost of damage, accuracy, or whatever other enhancements you currently use instead of the end modification / healing ones suggested. Currently, I find myself re-summoning my ninjas almost every fight, which is... a little annoying. However, with the recent changes to the cooldown time of the summon pet spells, it's not as big of a headache as it used to be.

16 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

Forgive me if I'm overlooking something obvious...? but I feel like this would mostly end up as a build trap for mastermind players. I'm all for giving MMs help, this just seems like it'd be a distraction.

I believe it would give the player more options, and while yes as you say that would imply that there's more rope to hang yourself with, I also believe that it might open up additional playstyles that would rely on having pets that are permanently active at maximum efficiency.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ZamuelNow said:

The upgrades actually now apply defensive buffs that can be enhanced.  Ninjas are notoriously glass cannons but they did get some buffs recently.

Yes, that is true! They have a self-heal now, which is interesting.

The suggested buff is mostly concerned with their longevity, and the specific use-case I encountered was that they were consistently running out of endurance. There aren't very many ways to give them more endurance, but this suggestion would open up that functionality should the player decide it is important to them.

Edited by gabrilend