Looking for help to find my MM build to play

benai

13 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

But when you hit things like AVs, or big pitched fights with lots of tough mobs (like the wall of cyclops and minotaurs in the third ITF mission, or the robot control box, etc) then having faraday cage can be quite nice.

Definitely; and that's why I had that "other than specific boss fights" caveat in the parent post.
An /Elec MM that is constantly on the move also at least still has healing and other buffs such as Empowering Circuit to fall back on.
However it doesn't change the fact that /Elec's performance still suffers a lot whenever a team is highly mobile; which is (for better or worse) the current meta.
And as I mentioned in an earlier post, other powersets like /Thermal can provide a very similar benefit to /Elec regardless of how quickly the team is moving.

It's a rather powerful powerset; but it unfortunately comes with some annoying limitiations - reduced mobility on teams; and an inability to leverage its capstone (Amp Up) when solo. Still perfectly playable though even if it's not exactly mechanically optimal + a small price to pay if you're in love with the theme/flavour!

• 3 weeks later
On 3/25/2024 at 3:27 PM, Maelwys said:

Definitely; and that's why I had that "other than specific boss fights" caveat in the parent post.
An /Elec MM that is constantly on the move also at least still has healing and other buffs such as Empowering Circuit to fall back on.
However it doesn't change the fact that /Elec's performance still suffers a lot whenever a team is highly mobile; which is (for better or worse) the current meta.
And as I mentioned in an earlier post, other powersets like /Thermal can provide a very similar benefit to /Elec regardless of how quickly the team is moving.

It's a rather powerful powerset; but it unfortunately comes with some annoying limitiations - reduced mobility on teams; and an inability to leverage its capstone (Amp Up) when solo. Still perfectly playable though even if it's not exactly mechanically optimal + a small price to pay if you're in love with the theme/flavour!

@Maelwys Do you happen to have a up-to-date Mercs/Thermal or /Thermal build?

Edited by brasilgringo

15 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

@Maelwys Do you happen to have a up-to-date Mercs/Thermal or /Thermal build?

Nope, closest would be this one:
zMastermind - Robotics - Thermal.mbd (Pets are mostly Res hardcapped. With 'Bot Bubbles and Barrier they're at ~40% Def; so Lore or Destiny will softcap them)

I tend to try to push my pets towards the regular 45% Def softcap, so I prefer a +Def secondary for Mercs.
e.g. zMastermind - Mercs - Cold.mbd(Note that Power Boost doesn't work for Cold Bubbles, it's just there to buff other secondary effects) 
zMastermind - Mercs - FF (Hasten).mbd
zMastermind - Mercs - FF (Spirit Ward).mbd

I've not gotten around to building a Mercs/Time yet; but it'd work pretty well too... I'd probably start by repurposing one of my other MM /Time builds like this one zMastermind - Demons - Time.mbd (note that the main thing here is Power Boost + Radial Clarion to push Farsight up to ~28.4% Def. Throw in Maneuvers and the aura Uniques and you're in softcap territority before you even count stuff like Time's Juncture)

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 1