Envenomed Blades

You

It's similar to the way proc chances are calculated based on recharge and area factor. Powers with longer recharge do higher damage, powers with larger area factors do lower damage.

Toxic Damage = 8.759 x (0.16 x base recharge [capped at 20] + 0.36) / area factor*

Shuriken Throw: 8.759 x (0.16 x 4 + 0.36) / 1 = 8.759 x 1 / 1 = 8.759 [recharge is 4s]

Masterful Throw: 8.759 x (0.16 x 20 + 0.36) / 1 = 8.759 x 3.56 / 1 = 31.182 [recharge is 20s]

Dragon's Tail: 8.759 x (0.16 x 16 + 0.36) / ([1 + (0.15 * 15)] x 0.75 + 0.25 = 8.759 x 2.92 / 2.6875 = 9.517 [recharge is 20s, radius is 15 ft] 

* ST area factor = 1 / Sphere area factor = [1 + (0.15×Radius)] × 0.75 + 0.25 / Cone area factor = [1 + (0.15×Radius) − (0.011×Radius×(360−Arc)/30)] × 0.75 + 0.25

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, You said:

So, roughly what is the range of % damage increase when envenomed blade activated?

Shuriken Throw: 16.6%

Masterful Throw: 21.8% (quick) / 13.1% (slow)

Dragon's Tail: 18.1%

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Thank you so much for the math!!!

it looks like the -res from Sonic offer more consistent damage boost. And it benefits other in the team too. 

I have picked up via the grape vine that people aren't too enamored of Envenomed Blade, yeah.  Still, shurikens be mighty cool!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Envenomed Blades also provides 12% +tohit and has a 40s duration. On my Plant/Martial I've got it close to perma. Keep in mind, tohit buffs increase the amount of damage Masterful Throw does in fast snipe mode. 

In comparison, Build Up is 68% +dmg/17% +tohit for 10s. 

• Like 1

Thank you all. 

Just want to understand the hype of the power. I read when it pair with PA, it is the strong there is to offer. But the numbers don’t seem to indicate so. 

Either way, I still MA as a set is not bad. I just need to find a way to make the most of it. 

Interesting, I've never heard positive hype about Envenomed Blades, only negative. I'm not in love with it, but I think it's an OK buff. I would much rather have one of the Power Up clones that boost mezz duration. I can see why people like it with Illusion, since PA ignores most buffs.

Martial Assault isn't a top tier set, but it works pretty well if you want to be primarily ranged (or mixed melee/ranged). 

I think MA prior to the dominator revamp was a top tier set. It was the only set back then that could get Perma fast snipe because of the tohit bonus it gives and you needed something like 21 or something to get fast snipe. Also envenomed blades was adding A LOT of extra DMG to your attacks making it a priority to get it perma. Finally dragons tail had a longer recharge and also did more damage that it's current version so it was a very meaty AOE since it activated very quickly and did well for procs. 

Now martial assault is at best C tier. Every set gets a fast snipe and a lot of the other sets offer better DPA than martial now. And before the envenomed blades nerf, it was perfect for plant dominators because each creeper vine was proccing it and it was the ultimate AOE machine. Sadly we aren't there anymore. This was why I've shelved my martial dominators and stripped them because I remember playing before the changes and now I just think my character is a shadow of their former selves .

3 hours ago, Vinceq98 said:

I think MA prior to the dominator revamp was a top tier set. It was the only set back then that could get Perma fast snipe because of the tohit bonus it gives and you needed something like 21 or something to get fast snipe. Also envenomed blades was adding A LOT of extra DMG to your attacks making it a priority to get it perma. Finally dragons tail had a longer recharge and also did more damage that it's current version so it was a very meaty AOE since it activated very quickly and did well for procs. 

Now martial assault is at best C tier. Every set gets a fast snipe and a lot of the other sets offer better DPA than martial now. And before the envenomed blades nerf, it was perfect for plant dominators because each creeper vine was proccing it and it was the ultimate AOE machine. Sadly we aren't there anymore. This was why I've shelved my martial dominators and stripped them because I remember playing before the changes and now I just think my character is a shadow of their former selves .

Wow this confirms what ive been feeling with martial myself paired with illusion so far, but I am not quite 50 yet but I keep finding negative info about this combo. I am probably going to reroll ill/dark.

13 hours ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Wow this confirms what ive been feeling with martial myself paired with illusion so far, but I am not quite 50 yet but I keep finding negative info about this combo. I am probably going to reroll ill/dark.

Yeah it's just a shame because the set does mostly lethal damage thats so highly resisted, especially against council wolves or robot enemy types.

Dark is a great set because it has a good pbaoe. Engulfing darkness has a decent activation time and above avg damage compared to the other sets. Dark also has tohit Debuffs that can make hitting softcap easier. Finally the heal helps with survivability and procs really well so it can serve as an attack and a heal in one. Dark also has very high DPA attacks from smite and gloom. I usually go for moonbeam, procced out life drain, and smite and cycle those attacks with my single target holds and AOE cc. Midnight grasp is OK but in the time it activated you could have used smite x 2 and would be ahead in damage. It also weirdly roots me in place and I don't like how clunky that is when I'm Blapping on a dominator. I prefer to get in and smack them with my melee attacks then weave out and blast from range. 

16 hours ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Yea it seems to have good st damage but in reality I could just be casting spectral since the recha is so fast from mob to next and then do my other attacks. I think I will get more dps out of dark and probably more end efficient to.