Operation: Sigil (feedback request)

Made story arch that I am looking for some feedback on and some insight on what I can do to improve on my next one. The goal of this Arch was to be challenging but give a decent save the world story. I wanted to make it for groups of 4 or more. It can be run solo but I really want it to be good for full teams. With a bit of chaos in the last mission.  

Arc ID: 60727

image_2024-03-10_094244100.png

• 3 weeks later

I’d check it out, but it’s team required and I solo. Did you get Molly to play it?

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

The arc said "Team required: recommend 4 players minum", so I brought along one of my Masterminds, which is like bringing six people along, only they won't aggro other groups before you're ready. Except beasts. They do that.

screenshot_240330-15-17-53_1.thumb.jpg.ff36d77fcb6c8347c817432d797f3bf9.jpg

This is a character concept that I'd been thinking of for a while. The "hero" is really another remote controlled robot: the actual person is relaxing at home; comfortable and in no danger at all. Bot/time seemed like the best choice for a powerset; thematically, I'm observing this timeline from the vantage point of another.

The contact is "Operator" who seems like a sort of black-ops type, who needs someone to carry out a quick datasteal. Oddly, she says she needs someone with stealth capabilities but also it's okay if i decide to leave no witnesses. The mission has a five minute time limit, which would normally be a big no-no, but we're told about the timer before we hit accept, and the map is very small.

This leads to a series of adventures where we discover that the baddies have stolen SCP-8501; Rachel looks it up on the SCP database and discovers that it's a truck that kills incels, marking it a grave threat to the CoH population, so Rachel and her team of intrepid robots venture boldly into the office and pummel the Council leader. Well, at least the robots do. Rachel herself is sprawled across her couch the whole time, drinking Bawls and watching What We Do in The Shadows on the other monitor.

Operation: Sigil is a well written arc, with a plausible plot, good dialog and plenty of clues and backstory. One mission is a kill-all, but I'm willing to forgive it because the map isn't too big and it goes along with the plot. There are a fair amount of spelling errors (Archon Klaus: "How can I loose like this!") but it's nowhere near as bad as some arcs I've played. Also, the contact's dialog is a bit off; she presents as a military type, but she says "I got something" and "I'm gonna take the SCP back to my world" at the end. And oh yeah, don't make the player walk back to the mission exit unless there's an actual reason for it.

Edited by Kyksie
  • Thumbs Up 2