A couple of tweaks for the Kick power from Fighting, if you will

First, please make the kick a bit more energetic. You kick a snowman like that, not someone you fight. Second, why does my character have to put away the mace to execute this move? He can kick with the mace in hand, can't he? In fact, I know there is no technical limitation: dual blades characters deliver a kick while the blades are out when Brawl is used.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, temnix said:

Second, why does my character have to put away the mace to execute this move? He can kick with the mace in hand, can't he? In fact, I know there is no technical limitation: dual blades characters deliver a kick while the blades are out when Brawl is used.

It's because they would have to create new Kick animations for each weapon set. All pool, epic and non-weapon set primary/secondary powers cause redraw for the same reason. Brawl is the only power for which they created the extra animations.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

8 hours ago, Uun said:

It's because they would have to create new Kick animations for each weapon set. All pool, epic and non-weapon set primary/secondary powers cause redraw for the same reason. Brawl is the only power for which they created the extra animations.

That said, the Kick animation is already there for many of those weapon sets - you can see it when you use Brawl. You can even see how it's the exact same animation as Kick, but it doesn't put the weapon away.

It just has to be tied to Kick as well, with whatever flag the power needs to not despawn the weapon.

As for the "change the animation" part of the suggestion, only if it's an option. I like Kick the way it is and even use it sometimes.

3 hours ago, ThatGuyCDude said:

I want Kick to use the awesome animation from Street Justice's Spinning Strike.  The Super Strength stomp animation is a snooze; it has thus banished Kick from my power bars.

brawling_sweep_cross.anim

hi this isn't the correct forum for it but if you replace the anim file with the one I provided 

cross punch the final power in the fighting power pool will become spinning strike

the animation times are very very close and they are both cone aoe's so it works out quite well

if you also want the matching sound effects here ya go

one is a miss sound and the other is the hit sound. 

enjoy 🙂

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?