No stash points when hiding the drugs; a travel task too specific

temnix

The Radio offers stashing drugs in some locations in Paragon City - an imitation zone, that is, big and crawling with Longbow. Access is through the submarine. Well, I didn't get markers on it to tell me where the stash points are, and it was not fun to look in the back of every alley there. In fact, the experience sucked. Only for the fourth stash did I get a star marker.

When Dollface in Port Oakes gives the mission to go talk to the university professor in Cap Au Diable, the assignment is too specific: use the ferry. I, on the other hand, reached Cap Au Diable by a roundabout way indeed, through Pocket D and TUNNEL, and the quest did not register my arrival. I had to leave for Port Oakes again, take the ferry back and only then was the quest advanced to talking to the professor. Please do pay more attention to this sort of thing, Homecoming, because it is a major waste of time when something like this happens.

When you are given a task by a contact, you are expected to perform that task. In this case, you are specifically told to take the ferry, so you are required to take the ferry. Dr. Graves' arcs are tutorials, so they are rather stringent in how you complete those tasks. (You will see the same thing in First Ward where you are told to go talk to Mistress Nadia. You are given a mission marker at a door of the skyscraper she is on the top of. And if you just fly to her on the roof, you are not fulfilling the assigned task of using the door and so cannot progress the mission until you go use the door.) So if they say to use a specific conveyance or they provide a mission waypoint, you have to use the directed means.

First one, yea, that's a standard mission blinky hunt.   An old one at that.  Some of the newer Praetorian missions will show all of them, but that's rare.

And as Rudra points out, that's the tutorial showing you how to use the ferry.    Twinshot has you do a similar one using the train to Kings Row.  (which is what the "imitation" zone is more or less based on.

HC didn't make either of those btw.   If they're listed in Ouro with a arc id greater than 24.X, then it's HC.   They do some stuff to older arcs, but there are a lot of them.

This is kinda an argument on the letter versus the spirit of the Graves quest.

The Letter of that questline is to use the Ferry to travel to Cap to go to the University, but the Spirit/Primary goal is ultimately teaching you where to find the university and invention tables. You already were taught about using the Ferry in the 'go bother the shit out of some Arbiters' part of the questline far earlier.

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

1 hour ago, Lockely said:

This is kinda an argument on the letter versus the spirit of the Graves quest.

The Letter of that questline is to use the Ferry to travel to Cap to go to the University, but the Spirit/Primary goal is ultimately teaching you where to find the university and invention tables. You already were taught about using the Ferry in the 'go bother the shit out of some Arbiters' part of the questline far earlier.

That's fair. However, I would counter with you are still doing a tutorial, and some tutorials require you to perform some tasks more than once. Either way, the mission says to take the ferry to Cap au Diable, not just to go to Cap au Diable. Usually, when a mission sends you to another zone, it just says the mission is in that other zone. When the task specifies something, it is coded for that something to happen. Whether through waypoint marker or specifically provided instruction. (Kind of like the ski slopes. The objective is to get to the bottom as fast as you can. If you don't go the way the game requires though, then it doesn't count.)