MM pet recharge reduction question...

Fusilier

I know pets can't make use of recharge reductions other then the summon power, but I was wondering if putting a set specific type decreases the recharge time of the specific power - I was tinkering in Mids with a Beast/Cold MM and maybe putting a stun enchancement set in Summon Lions for utility/additional form of defense and Mids shows a reduction in the base recharge of Lion's Roar, but I assume that's just a bug calculation.

AFAIK pet abilities are completely immune to Recharge rate modifications of any kind. Was made that way years ago in response to people slotting stuff like Force Feedback recharge procs in them (which drastically overpowered certain pets and also had a bad habit of breaking the pet AI!)

Ths actually makes MMs one of the few ATs that are really good at fighting large groups of foes that inflict recharge debuffs.

Edited by Maelwys

It's a bug in Mid's. Lion's Roar is unaffected by recharge changes.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=mastermind_pets.lioness_2.lions_roar&at=mastermind

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

This is also why /Storm is quite potent on a Thugs/ or Demons/ MM built for high +Recharge.  All those FF +RCHG procs can easily bump the MM itself up to 250% recharge and sustain that.  This allows you to get out not only all the storm powers twice as often (I’ve easily had 3 Tornado’s on the field at once, and always double Lightning Storms), but also lets you throw out the additional DPS of Gang War and Hell on Earth twice as often.  Throw in Burnout and double Gang War on a Thugs MM with high recharge is possible every third spawn.

I’ve firmly arrived at the camp that the one remaining tweak needed for MM’s isn’t to up the recharge of our pets powers, or even up their damage.  Just eliminate the silly level shifts and make them play like they do in Incarnate content.  Tie it achieving both upgrade powers if you want.  But you get rid of that level shift and MM’s will become highly potent throughout the entire game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 3/16/2024 at 7:47 AM, Crysis said:

This is also why /Storm is quite potent on a Thugs/ or Demons/ MM built for high +Recharge.  All those FF +RCHG procs can easily bump the MM itself up to 250% recharge and sustain that.  This allows you to get out not only all the storm powers twice as often (I’ve easily had 3 Tornado’s on the field at once, and always double Lightning Storms), but also lets you throw out the additional DPS of Gang War and Hell on Earth twice as often.  Throw in Burnout and double Gang War on a Thugs MM with high recharge is possible every third spawn.

I’ve firmly arrived at the camp that the one remaining tweak needed for MM’s isn’t to up the recharge of our pets powers, or even up their damage.  Just eliminate the silly level shifts and make them play like they do in Incarnate content.  Tie it achieving both upgrade powers if you want.  But you get rid of that level shift and MM’s will become highly potent throughout the entire game.

Been begging for this change for literal years. Level shifts were created when the max +level was +2. +4 purples fucking neuter our T1s and T2s, and honestly its not even the damage we do, its the goddamn damage we take. I am so fucking tired of watching anything not a T3 get one shot by anything purple that hits it thats not a minion. Watching a GM get a lucky roll and seeing all 3 minions and a Lt just vanish from this earth. 

If they wont get rid of level shifts, I want to see pets given a health gating mechanic where no attack can do more than 1/3 of our pets health, or else 50% base resistance to all for minions, 33% for Lts, and 25% for boss pets.  Controller pets have gotten SO FUCKING MANY buffs not just on homecoming but also on live, having their resistance increased hugely to give them staying power, and yet we've got pets running around with 0% resistance to some damage types depending on powerset if you arent slotting all the defensive uniques. 

Finally, since the pet def and resist uniques are like, required as much as you can fit, all of the bonus powers need to be able to slot them. That means serum, repair drone, the ninja buff, and fortify pack all get the ability to slot uniques.  That or the upgrade powers themselves need to be able to slot them. And so should secondary pets like fluffy from /dark. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox
  • Like 1