Arsenal Control (Smoke Canister) doesnt reduce knockback bug

Vinceq98

Been testing and noticing that the knockback suppresion provided by the power isnt apply to mobs. As such what was a smart use of game mechanics of using knocback attacks to effectively knockdown opponents isnt working. 

Tested street sweeping lvl 50-54 mobs in dark astoria with smoke canister and temporary power Plasmatic Taser and the Prestige Power Nemesis Staff

Edited by Vinceq98

Quick screenshot to prove this bug. Using power analyzer Smoke Canister is on CD because it is on the ground and I just used Cryo Freeze Ray which does have -KB which you can see apply properly to the enemy. Please devs fix this before tomorrow. Arsenal Control has been riddles with ongoing bugs since inception. Everyweek your introducing more and more bugs to the set.

City of Heroes Screenshot 2024.03.18 - 18.00.25.47.jpeg

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Vinceq98 said:

Please devs fix this before tomorrow. Arsenal Control has been riddles with ongoing bugs since inception. Everyweek your introducing more and more bugs to the set.

Fix this by tomorrow (about a 1/2 day before maintenance happens) without doing any sort of testing?  Way to illustrate a point.

2 hours ago, Vinceq98 said:

Please devs fix this before tomorrow.

So you get to dictate what they do and how long they can take to do it? Do you sign their paychecks or something that gives you that authority? Adding a please didn't help your case. Just report the bugs you find and let the volunteer dev team working on the game during their time off from their actual jobs fix it when their schedule permits.

• Thumbs Down 1

Did you check if the enemy was also recently damaged and therefore Confused?  Remember, many effects in Arse Control are needlessly tied to an "If:Then" condition that may halt them from working at all.  For example, Liquid Nitrogen If Knocked : Then Deal Damage, so the power loses 100% of its dmg against enemies that are resistant or immune to KB.  Smoke Canister's -KB is tied to enemies being Confused.

I'm not saying that it works; I'm just pointing out that it's supposed to be tied to another condition and that condition might not be met.  Feel free to test more and let us know, because it would be nice if this got fixed, but post-launch they've added even more "If:Then" conditions to Arse Control so I've completely dropped it.

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

According to the data at https://cod.uberguy.net, the knockback protection is tied to confusion status, which in turn is tied to the enemies having received damage. So enemies don't get any protection until they're confused and attacking one another. Kind of takes the wind out of the knockback protection, but that's how they did it.

the above screen shot shows i used smoke canister and then cryo freeze. That should have done this stupid if then condition that arse control has for smoke canister. You can clearly see that smoke is on CD followed by cryo freeze