RWZ Base rework has done more harm than good...

On 3/31/2024 at 8:41 AM, ShinMagmus said:

Please, comment if you've encountered this yourself. 

If the waypoints on the zone map had annotations that indicated if they were in a different 'subzone' than the character (i.e., 'outside base' if you were in the base, and 'inside base' if you were outside), it would give clues to where to go that would benefit characters.

• Like 3
  • Banjo 1

46 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

If the waypoints on the zone map had annotations that indicated if they were in a different 'subzone' than the character (i.e., 'outside base' if you were in the base, and 'inside base' if you were outside), it would give clues to where to go that would benefit characters.

All this could be solved if they created in interior map of the base that would replace the zone map when you were inside.

They also need to install doors or portals at all the base access points. Having access points open to the outside completely confuses the mission waypoint system.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Uun said:

All this could be solved if they created in interior map of the base that would replace the zone map when you were inside.

I think that would require more coding than is viable for the game engine as it stands; I suspect it would be necessary to make the Vanguard base its own zone for this, as all of the 'indoors' maps where you click on a door and are transported into/out of the building without a loading screen (i.e., city hall, the Vanguard offices, hospitals, police stations, etc.) are, I believe, contained in the zone map, so the zone reference would be the same whether you were inside or outside the base.

• Like 1