Hybrid slots and dominators

Dauntless

I'll admit, this is an "underthought" topic for me, the hybrid slots.  (You know, where under-thinking is the opposite of over-thinking).

I usually just go assault, as it makes generic sense with no actual thought going into the process.  On sizeable raids or over-powered teams I don't seem to see much of a need for control, just damage, which assault fits into nicely.

For anyone who has actually thought through this slot and what it means to a dom build or two, what did you come up with?  I'm curious.

More often than not I usually go assault, but depending on my Toon's need I sometimes go support especially if the toon is really end heavy even accounting for the end refill with Dom.

Melee can be nice too if I'm trying to make the toon more tanky and it's designed to be in pbaoe range of mobs.

I don't think I've ever gone control hybrid as it doesn't seem worthwhile for any AT. Maybe I'm wrong though and that psi damage proc adds up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

More often than not I usually go assault, but depending on my Toon's need I sometimes go support especially if the toon is really end heavy even accounting for the end refill with Dom.

Melee can be nice too if I'm trying to make the toon more tanky and it's designed to be in pbaoe range of mobs.

I don't think I've ever gone control hybrid as it doesn't seem worthwhile for any AT. Maybe I'm wrong though and that psi damage proc adds up.

In case it matters I recall seeing data presented on these forums that measured the damage from the psy proc compared to assault hybrid. The psy proc did quite a bit less damage, overall. 

Edit: Found the link, it's a post by Jayboh and it's visible further down in this forum, still on the first page ...

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

The worst part is I even replied in that thread.  I still don't think the +1 mag is really helpful to us, but I was reading about the other aspects of hybrid last night and that is what got me thinking.

Plant/Martial - Assault

Earth/Earth - Melee (lives in melee range)

Mind/Psi - Assault

Dark/Dark - Support

Ice/Savage - Control (Runs Arctic Air and spams Cold Snap, both of which are non-damaging control powers. Is it optimal? I don't know.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uun said:

Dark/Dark - Support

Ice/Savage - Control (Runs Arctic Air and spams Cold Snap, both of which are non-damaging control powers. Is it optimal? I don't know.)

Do you find it helpful?  How does it play?  What are the perks?  Any other observations?

4 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Do you find it helpful?  How does it play?  What are the perks?  Any other observations?

I have perma-dom so I don't need the +1 mag, but the damage procs a fair amount, including foes that are confused or feared. I don't know if I would do more damage with Assault, but that only affects damaging attacks. 

• Like 1