Rad/Fire build improvements

Warshades

Hello. I'm trying to work out and finalize a build for my rad/fire/energy tank. My goal is to both be tanky enough for general content when teaming with others as well as being a solid damage dealer to be able to run +4/8x solo if I choose to. I tried to prioritize resists, recharge, recharge debuff resist, and damage output.

I'm not really interested in building for defense when rad armor doesn't have inherent DDR.

Is there anything I can do to optimize this build further? Two things I've been considering:

• Replacing the 4th resist/end/rech Unbreakable Guard in my armors for Impervium Armor Psi resist procs to shore up psionic resistance.
  • Replacing Meltdown with Tactics. Although if I do keep Meltdown I can hit the 90% resist cap to all but cold with a single SMoT proc and it would help with damage output.

Open to any suggestions/improvements. 

Test - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Fiery Melee).mbd

Hmm... Now I'm interested in this as my next project. Four PbAoEs under 10 seconds? Mmmmmmh....

Your S/L resistances are grossly overcapped. Try to reach closer to 84%, tops, the way you have negative/energy, because your ATO in Incinerate will add another 6.7%). Lower another 5% if intending to use Barrier. That means only 5 of the ATOs in incinerate and then something else. Or, lean into it and toggle Tough off and get to 84% without it. S'up to you.

The Kismet is superfluous and can be removed (set your Enemy Relative Level to +3 and then check the accuracy of each attack).

You have slightly too much recharge debuff and can recover the slots from Meltdown. Perhaps put them into Weave since you're building for S/L defense.

Everything seems somewhat in place though you're building for S/L defenses and don't have a 5th Blistering in Fire Sword?

I'll post how I would build it later but it's lunch hour now.

Posted (edited)

Wasn't trying to actively build for defense at all, just ended up getting some going for other stuff. That's why I split the 2 Blistering to get the extra resist recharge. The 3 Synapse in meltdown was to get the recharge debuff resist to 100%, was around 95% before that but maybe that's sufficient. Haven't built radiation armor before but browsed through several discussions about it.

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

The Kismet is superfluous and can be removed

I'll look into moving it, was a bit worried about accuracy since I skipped tactics. 

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

That means only 5 of the ATOs in incinerate and then something else.

Great point on that, I'll change one to another damage proc since I don't need the s/l resist from the 6th bonus. I also realized that I completely forgot about Armageddon set so I moved the proc from Rad Therapy to run a 5 set Armageddon in FSC, that upped my fire resist to cap with a single SMoT proc. 

This is an updated build, switched out the 4th Unbreakable Guard to get psionic resist up, put some of the extra slots into health procs as I wasn't sure where to really place them. It's no longer over the cap on s/l resist. If you have any suggestions on where to put the meltdown slots into, that would be great. Thank you for the suggestions. 

I'll likely move some of the power picks at certain levels around some for when I exemplar down for TFs and such, but just trying to figure out the final build for now.

Test - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Fiery Melee).mbd

Edited by Warshades