Possible Day Job Badge bug

SSR

Hello! I recently was switching between toons (while working on day job badges) and I noticed something strange. When you leave the area you were working on the badge for, you lose all progress towards the day job badge.  This mainly occurs if you leave too quickly from the area you were in.

Here is a Link to see the "Bug" https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w5IYkcbTYp4mSamRybFHvagW1fZN0Dlv/view?usp=drive_link

I almost do not want to call it a bug but I do think some people should know about this because I have heard of others having a similar issue.

I am also running another test to see if having a little of the progress bar showing removes the possibility of that "bug" occurring.

Disclaimer**** not sure if anyone else has submitted this before >.>

• Like 1

The progress bar may disappear, but when you log off in that location again and then log back on after a while, is the bar starting over or has it progressed from previous?

Edit: Watched the video. Okay. That's a bug, though I don't know why players trying for badges don't give the badge time to load. Best guess? The game was awarding the badge but you left while it was, disrupting the award. So the game auto-recovered as best it can, starting you over.

Edited by Rudra

I have been noticing that the day jobs seem to take a couple beats before being awarded and I think one of my chars had this happen.  I was logging them in, but wanted to zip off somewhere and later on looked at their dayjob timer noting it was where it had been before being logged off there. (spreadsheet notes)

15 minutes ago, lemming said:

I have been noticing that the day jobs seem to take a couple beats before being awarded and I think one of my chars had this happen.  I was logging them in, but wanted to zip off somewhere and later on looked at their dayjob timer noting it was where it had been before being logged off there. (spreadsheet notes)

So yeah, if you would have earned the badge but left before it could be applied, the game recovers to the last point it knew that character was at to start the clock towards the day job. Given notorious spaghetti code, that actually makes a lot of sense.

(Edit: If there is one thing I know to do about badges, is to always wait until after they post on my screen as received before moving on or it doesn't get awarded. That goes for explore badges, day job badges, and any other badge I am going for.)

Edited by Rudra

12 hours ago, lemming said:

Oh good to know... I was planning/set up a test to see if maybe having the bar and moving on would still increase the amount of credit received.   BUT if this occurred to you already then that provides some good info.  Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 1