Missing set bonuses

LKN-351

I've been trying my hand at IO builds on mids and then making them ingame and I started working on one and had the numbers in MIDS to a place I liked them. I got the build Live and checked to make sure I was seeing the expected numbers. There was a tiny difference in defense numbers, a small difference in regen rate, but a pretty significant difference in mez resists, immob protection, and regen debuff. I don't think the difference in immob protection is that big a deal and the regen debuff is higher ingame but its still not the same. For my tests I've been focusing on Mez Resists specifically and there is an 11.18% variance between MIDS and the game.

At first I thought it was something I did wrong so I double checked that things where toggled where they were supposed to be and still I saw differences. So I did a /buildsave and loaded it in mids, and I saw the same differences.

Then I imported the build from MIDS into Beta and slotted all the enhancements in the same places I had them in MIDS, same differences.

This morning I decided to add up the set bonuses and the global procs to see if the issues was with MIDS or with the game. The set bonuses and globals add up to 70% in both programs, but 11.18% is missing from the game.

Where did it go? Why did it go? Make it come back! I don't wanna be confused! Why do the devs hate Regen!

XFbase.thumb.png.85b078a89d68108b27e949016c3a7dbc.png

XFResist-defense.thumb.png.ae92f731c5e97b195670460b8722fe3a.png

XFMezprotection.thumb.png.a94ea4e93a6c213cac51292ed4e197d7.png

XFDebuffresistance.thumb.png.ef517b610b3718e80ca99c45651e5686.png

XFMezResist.thumb.png.de30ee1228f5db776a9670bb0513aa56.png

Edited by LKN-351

Impossible to be certain, because you've collapsed all set bonuses in those screenshots, but it's likely that you've used more than 5 of the same bonuses.  Can't do that.

In Mids', click the View Active Sets button, next to the archetype selection menu.  That opens a new window with a complete list of all of your set bonuses and the totals.  On the right, if you see >Cap, you're over 5 on at least one bonus.  Scroll down in that section to discover which bonus is over the limit and in which power it was slotted.  You do not have to change the slotting in that power, but you will have to change the slotting in one of the powers with that bonus.

If, for instance, you had six Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Global Recharge Time Reduction enhancement slotted, you'd need to remove one from any power in which they're slotted.

Again, 5 is the limit for any set bonus.  So go through your build using that window, note any/all powers with the warning and make the appropriate adjustments.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Posted (edited)

I check that every time I make a revision just in case I don't think about it while I'm adding things. This is like the third or fourth revision of this build.

Just to make absolutely certain, I'll check it again before I make this post......  Still not too many of anything.

I intended to post the mids build here as well but I forgot so i'll do that now.

Xcessive Force (imported) - Scrapper (Claws - Regeneration).mbd

Edited by LKN-351

Okay, the +Regen discrepancy is because you have 3x Impervious Skin: Status Resistance/Regen IOs.  The +Regen is Unique.  It only counts once.

Replacing the LotG Def/End in Combat Jumping with a Def/End/Rchg accounts for the 0.05% difference in Defense between the live build and the Mids' build, so that's probably what you did on the live build.

The status effect resistances are correct.  The math is 1 (the base value of the status effect duration) / 1 + % = adjusted duration.  Mids' shows the stat, Combat Attribs shows the result of that stat.  Example: Hold Resistance 70% means 1 / 1.7 = 58.82% duration.

And the Regen Debuff Resistance is higher in-game because it's enhanced by the IOs you have slotted, which Mids' isn't doing.  25.95% * 1.8332 = 47.57154, truncated to 47.57.

29.24 Immob protection in Mids' is likely because you're using an old version with a bug.  I'm guessing, but it's only 20.76 when I look at the build with the latest version, which supports the theory.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Can’t speak to most of the discrepancies without seeing your ingame and Mids slotting, but the discrepancy in mez resistance is easy to explain - Mids and the game express those values differently. Mids gives you the actual mez resistance value, and the game displays it as the final % duration based on the amount of mez resistance you have. The way the game displays it is arguably more useful since it doesn’t require you to do any math. The formula is here, and using your Mids numbers your 70% hold resistance equates to 58.82% duration.

Discrepancies between Mids and the game are always due to one or more of a few things:

1. Ingame and Mids power selection (or powers in use) does not match
  2. Ingame and Mids slotting does not match
  3. Mids has the wrong info on a power (this one is common)
  • Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Okay, the +Regen discrepancy is because you have 3x Impervious Skin: Status Resistance/Regen IOs.  The +Regen is Unique.  It only counts once.

Replacing the LotG Def/End in Combat Jumping with a Def/End/Rchg accounts for the 0.05% difference in Defense between the live build and the Mids' build, so that's probably what you did on the live build.

The status effect resistances are correct.  The math is 1 (the base value of the status effect duration) / 1 + % = adjusted duration.  Mids' shows the stat, Combat Attribs shows the result of that stat.  Example: Hold Resistance 70% means 1 / 1.7 = 58.82% duration.

And the Regen Debuff Resistance is higher in-game because it's enhanced by the IOs you have slotted, which Mids' isn't doing.  25.95% * 1.8332 = 47.57154, truncated to 47.57.

29.24 Immob protection in Mids' is likely because you're using an old version with a bug.  I'm guessing, but it's only 20.76 when I look at the build with the latest version, which supports the theory.

I ran the Impervious Skin more for the Status resist than the regen, so that works then.

Somehow I did that twice with the LotG. Makes sense, but I wasn't that worried about that. Good to know though.

It's Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev 3, Database: Homecoming, Database Issue: 27 Page 7, Database Version: 2024.2.717

When I logged in to check the version it gave me the popup that no updates where availible. So as long as the auto-update feature works then its current as far as I'm aware.

Well good then, I'm glad I had things wrong cause I like wherethe mez resist numbers where in MIDS. Thanks to both of you for clearing this up.