No map window zoom slider & bad default map size in window

I've never seen a slider at any size map in any graphics mode. I tried turning off my UI scaling as well as changing my graphics mode (4k vs 2k, Windowed, Borderless, etc.) and it still isn't there. I don't know what else to try to get a slider to appear.

Also, however, without a zoom modification, the default should be that the map fills the window as much as possible while retaining its aspect ratio.

See post Fill map window with actual map for context and a screen snapshot.

You actually have the map zoom slider on the pics you provided in the other thread. It is along the right edge of the map window as a vertical bar. Move the dot on the vertical bar down to zoom in and back up to zoom back out.

User interface secret of the ancients revealed! Thank you! However, if people who knew about the slider looked at the snapshot and didn't see it, I have to think that slider is an epic user interface failure. Perhaps making it more obvious or actually *gasp* providing in-game UI help is called for, although I acknowledge that in-game documentation about the UI is an absurd hope these days. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Futuregirl said:

User interface secret of the ancients revealed! Thank you! However, if people who knew about the slider looked at the snapshot and didn't see it, I have to think that slider is an epic user interface failure. Perhaps making it more obvious or actually *gasp* providing in-game UI help is called for, although I acknowledge that in-game documentation about the UI is an absurd hope these days. 🙂

My guess the reason why no one noticed it on your first pic in the other thread is because of your map placement. In the pic, it blends rather well with the screen and window edges. In your second pic, since the map didn't abut the screen edge, it was very visible.