The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Reverberant Hymn of Dissonance Unusual Damage

Posted (edited)

So today i dug out my symphony/ff controller and noticed something strange.  The reverberant is doing unexpectedly high damage with Hymn of Dissonance.  

Security Level 50 (+1) Alpha: Musculature Total Radial Revamp slotted

Reverberant Slotted with Full Expedient Reforcement Attuned: Damage +113%

Hymn of Dissonance Slotted with Full Attuned Thunderstrike: Damage 120.4%

Mobs for image below were level 51 Crey Tanks (various) in Daedalus' make a power source mission.  Confirmed against malta this morning.

I suspect this is a bug, a very helpful bug but a bug nonetheless.

Pic attached of pet damage

image_2024-05-10_151656422.png

Edited by Beta Blue
Added pertinent information

Posted (edited)

Can you share what level your character is, what your slotting is for Reverberant (as in what percentage of +Damage is it receiving from enhancements), and possibly also what your slotting is for Hymn of Dissonance and Melodic Binding (again, what percentage of +Damage is coming from enhancements)?

Edit: Do you also remember what level the enemies were?

Edited by Trickshooter

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

So, what it looks like to me is that Reverberant is inheriting the damage bonus from damage enhancements in the Reverberant power as well as the  damage enhancements from your own Hymn of Dissonance (because of the way Reverberant works, it's granted a copy of your power every time you use a power). So it's getting double damage slotting.

I asked about Melodic Binding, because I thought that damage looked pretty low, and it looks like that power is not inheriting ANY damage bonus. At level 50, Reverberant's Melodic Binding does base 66.73 damage, which is pretty dang close to that first line of damage there, which is why I think it's not getting any +damage from your slotting.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

Ah, interesting.  I knew that it copied recently used symphony powers but didn't know specifics other than the damage of the reverberant had been increased recently, but obviously not by that much.  

Thank you for the informative response.

On 5/11/2024 at 5:06 PM, Trickshooter said:

So, what it looks like to me is that Reverberant is inheriting the damage bonus from damage enhancements in the Reverberant power as well as the  damage enhancements from your own Hymn of Dissonance (because of the way Reverberant works, it's granted a copy of your power every time you use a power). So it's getting double damage slotting.

So in the interest of experimentation I unslotted both Melodic Binding and Hymn of Dissonance and tested it against some mobs then reslotted and tested against the same mobs.  This had no effect on the Reverberant's  high hoD damage.  So we can rule out it inheriting slotting from the power it is echoing I think?