street justice/willpower questions, optimal damage and how to build etc

R jobbus

Just wanted to be clear about using SJ for the best damage (at level 50, assuming you have some good global recharge and a nice build with decent sets etc)

If you miss combo builders and are at level 2, should you just use the finisher anyways? assuming you will have a low cooldown finisher?

or should you really try to get to combo 3 since the recharge on combo builders is probably going to be super low.

I heard sweeping cross wasn't worth it at level 50, so you only want the crushing punch and the spin attack aoe as finishers?

You want everything else though right, out of SJ

Also, how to build. I assume it's similar to most /willpower scrappers, go for recharge and tanky-ness with some regen and im assuming you slot the hell out of stamina/quick recovery/physical perfection for SJ since ive heard it uses alot of endurance

Something like that? any thoughts? im new to SJ but I really did not feel like playing it on a stalker since just it doesn't really fit with the theme im going for with SJ 

thanks for any guidance on this

I don't go out of my way to try to get the combo... part of this is button mashing, part of it was paying attention to it was sapping my personal enjoyment.

Sweeping Cross is an attack I found I enjoyed more once I started facing larger spawns. It can take slightly different enhancement sets than the other attacks.

My StJ/WP scrapper skipped the final two powers in WP. I supplemented WP with Maneuvers, Toughness and Weave... also Shadow Meld, but I rarely use it. As far as the secondary goes, I have rather minimal slotting in everything except Fast Healing (5x Panacea) and Rise to the Challenge (6xPreventive Medicine). The many Auto powers offer lots of opportunities for Enhancement pieces.

For a while, my StJ/WP was leveraging the Presence pool (with Unrelenting)... this was fun, but it ended up consuming a little too much in terms of extra power picks and slots for too little in return.

4 hours ago, Haijinx said:

While I also tend not to worry about combo level, I am curious why recharge will be low on on combo builders?

I don't know, I assumed it would be since at level 38, my combo builder recharge is fairly low. 1-2 seconds for initial strike, maybe 3-4 for others. I just assumed a level 50 build could stand some considerable global recharge/haste and really make it low for the builders at least, maybe im wrong

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, R jobbus said:

I don't know, I assumed it would be since at level 38, my combo builder recharge is fairly low. 1-2 seconds for initial strike, maybe 3-4 for others. I just assumed a level 50 build could stand some considerable global recharge/haste and really make it low for the builders at least, maybe im wrong

Yeah these end up pretty low on most STJ builds. 

Crushing Uppercut is the slow recharging one.