Spines/Rad for Slow

OdinAZ

I'm in the process of making a Spine/Rad scrapper.  I was hoping to enhance the slow effect of the spines attacks.  Does anyone else have experience with enhancing slow for spines?  Is there any general recommendations for this combo?

Throw Spines has the highest slow value; 40% base, compared to 16% to the other powers. Throwing 4-6 Ice Mistrals into Throw Spines has worked very well for me.

On 5/25/2024 at 11:39 PM, OdinAZ said:

I'm in the process of making a Spine/Rad scrapper.  I was hoping to enhance the slow effect of the spines attacks.  Does anyone else have experience with enhancing slow for spines?  Is there any general recommendations for this combo?

Remember that movement speed is a different aspect than recharge speed; they often go together but not always.

Maximum recharge reduction is -75%, which means recharge is 4x normal.  Maximum speed reduction is -90%, which means they move at 1/10 normal speed.  It's been a while since I looked at this, but it is not difficult to hit those limits.

Who run Bartertown?

On 5/26/2024 at 4:29 PM, OdinAZ said:

Do the slows from each attack stack?

They do. Each application of a power applies the debuff and stacks it up. 

I think it's worth mentioning that according to Mids, the recharge reduction does not get enhanced, only the slow movement portion. So a target's recharge penalty is the same no matter how much effort you put into making your Spines slow more. I'll look later to see if that's true in- game.