How to see if a contact mission is a story arch

Posted (edited)

When doing contact missions i always try to see if they have interesting story archs.

But how can one actually see if the mission is a start of a story arch? The first mission of a story arch is often not distinguishable from single missions.

I know that i can look it up but i mean ingame.

Missions that involve time limit or defeat a number of enemies are mostly not archs.

Anyone have a good strat for this?

Edited by gronbek

If you want an in-game solution, missions in an arc should, generally, have the arc's name above them in blue when the contact offers them up. (Sometimes these missions are instead badge missions.)

IIRC, those missions, once selected, will have a "book" icon next to them. Most of the mission arcs are named (with bold text) when talking to a contact prior to selecting them.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, the sad part is - as far as I know - without using the wiki, or asking someone, there's no way to definitively KNOW which offering is the start of an arc, and which is the start of some random repeatable mission. But here's a clue: 

image.png.a893d7d09487e358d79423ad2f88022e.png

As mentioned previously, there's that blue text - which USUALLY indicates a story arc. But, in this case, it's a badge mission. 
Maria Jenkins will trip you up in a similar fashion with her offering of a mission to defeat Marauder. It's got that nifty blue text, but it's not an arc with multiple missions. It's just for a badge. 
image.png.68856834327de3effe93358cc44b12a8.png

Ultimately, I think the best way to know is to use the HC Wiki. 
I think most players tend to have that site, along with City of Data, open when they play. 

Posted (edited)

If the mission is part of a story arc, it will typically say after the mission title what part it is, or Finale.  If it doesn't say that, but has a title anyway, it is a badge mission.

screenshot_240603-22-40-19.jpg

Edited by Ravenplume