Energy/Energy epic powers ?

Latehit

Working on my 11th sentinel now and none of them use epics or patrons.  35+ is basically the fighting pool and some Concealment mules.  all the melee or healing things are just so awkward and weird to own

• Like 1

Most of the epics follow a similar pattern: 1) ST melee attack; 2) AoE immobilize; 3) ST hold; 4) PBAoE attack; 5) utility power. The patron sets swap the PBAoE attack for the pet. There's a pretty wide variation in the damage/recharge times for the melee attacks. Sting of the Wasp (Weapon) has a 10s recharge while Knockout Blow (Leviathan) has a 40s recharge. 

I went Dark for Smite and Engulfing Darkness on my Elec/Bio and Psi/Nin. Nothing to write home about, but Smite is a solid melee attack with good DPA and Engulfing Darkness gives you another PBAoE attack (I use it as a follow up to the nuke to take out any stragglers). Darkest Night is also good. I went Elec for Havoc Punch and Paralyzing Jolt on my Rad/Rad (PJ is a stun, not a hold, and stacks with Cosmic Burst to affect bosses).

I want to bandwagon what @kelika2 wrote. Generally I find the Sentinel Epic/Patron powers to be "clunky" to use with the Sentinel primaries, the powers are somewhat late in the build for my taste to "improve" playability, and I personally disfavor single target attacks coming at level 35+ for ATs that have already had a primary full of single-target attacks.

Obviously, if there is something in the Epic/Patron that fulfills a concept... go for it!

The one sort of pick I can see making strategic sense would be to pick an AoE immobilize if you are the sort of player that is really bothered by Knockback. IIRC the AoE immobilizes provide Knockback resistance to the affected targets.