The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Leveling Build for Claws / Rad Help - Advice

Hi everyone,

I just started playing after a very long absence (over ten years) and although I have played other MMOs, nothing has ever felt as home as CoH. Anyway, the game is changed a lot and I am hoping someone has a good leveling guide or build for a claws / rad scrapper. Just started last night and made it to third level. Looking for some help before I get any further.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Madmulligan said:

Hi everyone,

I just started playing after a very long absence (over ten years) and although I have played other MMOs, nothing has ever felt as home as CoH. Anyway, the game is changed a lot and I am hoping someone has a good leveling guide or build for a claws / rad scrapper. Just started last night and made it to third level. Looking for some help before I get any further.

Thanks!

Woo! Welcome back to the fold We missed you!

Check the guide in my signature for varied tips and since you're still level 3 it's worth picking up the Amplifiers (guide explains this) if you have some spare change at hand (or even start the character again since only level 3 and that's about 3 minutes to reach that level again).

I have a Claws/Rad, but it's not strictly speaking for leveling. Since you're going to be super poor right at the start (do read the guide in the signature to fix that as you can make about 3 million in the first 30 minutes of making your character which pays for all the basic SO/IOs you will ever need) ignore the expensive stuff at first and follow the rule of thumb of 'one accuracy, three damage, one endurance reduction, and then depending on how you feel one more endurance reduction or a recharge' for attacks. Three resistance for your armor, and if you feel the one endurance reduction afterwards.

You need Mids to open the file (also in the guide), and if you find you're not too comfortable yet figuring how to translate the end-game build into a leveling build let me know and I'll turn it into a basic leveling one until you get your sailor legs.

Scrapper (Claws Rad).mbd

• Thumbs Up 1

Another good money maker early that's not in the guide is prismatic aethers. Keep an eye open in the LFG chat for any giant monsters to kill (Babbage, Goliath War Walker [called GWW], Kronos Titans, War in the Vale, etc.) Each one you kill with give you an item called Monstrous Aether that you can take to Pocket D to trade 3 monstrous for 1 prismatic aether. The prismatic will sell for around 2 million inf. Just one of them is enough money to fill your slots with level 30 crafted IOs that never expire, so you can save your inf from that point getting the set IOs in the linked build.