Hami(kaze) Raid Team 1 Jobs

Oklahoman

For the overflow Hami's on Saturday and Sunday, and to a lesser extent the early Hami raids on the same days, we've been having some non-regulars step into the Team 1 roles. I think this is awesome as it gives more people a chance to get involved and be a big part of these events.

If you are ever interested in stepping into a Team 1 role, my first recommendation is to be able to slot any Incandescence power into Destiny. It's great if everyone on Team 1 has some form of Incan. Core Epiphany is probably my favorite, but any of them will work for what we do with them. If you want to be a taunter, you obviously need some kind of taunt power, too. Also, everyone on Team 1 needs their teleport settings set to "Ask" so you don't just automatically get teleported away each time someone does an Incan. (NOTE: Others in the league may have Incandescence slotted in Destiny, but please DO NOT USE IT unless you are on Team 1. If you aren't on Team 1 and have a choice, I'd probably recommend Ageless or Barrier.)

Ideally, there are 6 roles for Team 1:

• Taunter - left mitos. Goes in with Team 1 and keeps taunting the 3 mitos on the left.
  • Taunter - right mitos. Goes in with Team 1 and keeps taunting the 3 mitos on the right.
  • Taunter - Hami. Goes in with Team 1 and runs to the opposite side of Hami, around max distance for taunt, and auto-taunts Hami.
  • Incanner - Hami Watch. Stays at the meetup location and watches for Hami to spawn. Once it does, Incan the league to the meetup location.
  • Incanner - Buffs. When I call for buffs, Incan the league together again at the meetup location. This role, in particular, probably benefits the most from Core Epiphany. This is partially to buff the league, but also to sort of shake everyone awake, cause hands are about to fly.
  • Incanner - Hami Can. Goes in with Team 1 and when I call for the league to go, Incan everyone directly in front of Hami.

Additionally, during the phase where we hunt GMs the Taunters will herd GMs together around them. The Taunters rotate who will use Incan - Taunter 1 will Incan the league to them while the other 2 Taunters gather herds of their own. When Taunter 1 says they are clear (all their GMs are down), Taunter 2 Incans the league to them so Taunter 1 can rebuild a herd. Then, when Taunter 2 says they are clear, Taunter 3 Incans the league to them, and so on. The Buff and Hami Can Incanners may follow, as well, to provide backup in case a Taunters Incan is not recharged. This continues until the Incanner on Hami Watch sees Hami spawn, then Incans the league back to the meetup location.

Team 1 coordinates on the /team channel, so you need to be ready, willing, and able to use that channel. I've had a couple of people I've pulled in to Team 1 hoping to give a role, but then they don't communicate so I have to move them off to another team in the league. Coordination on this channel is essential.

With all that in mind, if you show up at one of these Hamis and would like to participate on Team 1, just send me a tell in game as we are forming. I may not be able to use you right away, but I promise I keep track. Also, with 6 roles, plus 1 leader, that leaves 1 open spot for an "observer" on Team 1 who might can step into any of those roles in the future. People do tend to mapserve, so knowing who else is in the league and able to step in helps, too.

• Like 5

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

On 6/3/2024 at 10:15 AM, Oklahoman said:

If you aren't on Team 1 and have a choice, I'd probably recommend Ageless or Barrier.)

I really thought Rebirth would've been the go-to. But I do see the benefit of ageless. 

Barrier? For the gm phase, right? I thought defense and resistance meant zip to Hamidon. 

On 6/8/2024 at 11:35 AM, Laucianna said:

However you forgot the most important role of team 1! (Probably because you always fill it yourself) And that is looking pretty! ❤️

I imagine you are thinking of literally anyone else. 🙂 

• Haha 1

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

On 6/6/2024 at 4:57 PM, Ukase said:

I really thought Rebirth would've been the go-to. But I do see the benefit of ageless. 

Barrier? For the gm phase, right? I thought defense and resistance meant zip to Hamidon. 

You're probably right, though I will say that Barrier during the GM phase can be useful (we used to chuckle at how many people died after a TP between GM herds). A much smaller consideration is when the assault on Hami starts to go sideways and you see some people start to die, either because they forgot an EoE in the first place or need to refresh it. A well timed Barrier there, followed by the revived player quickly downing an EoE and making an attack or two, can impact the outcome, I think. Maybe not.

Outside of Hami and MSRs I tend to run with either Ageless or Barrier, so I think I am just hardcoded for that.

• 2 months later

Do you guys use Discord? I've never been very good at typing and doing anything else at the same time but I could give it a shot.

I'm pretty consistently at the 5:30 (est) raid led by Lauci and friends and I'd be happy to fill a role there if needed and I often make your weekend Hami Raids though a bit less consistently.

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

21 hours ago, mistagoat said:

Do you guys use Discord? I've never been very good at typing and doing anything else at the same time but I could give it a shot.

I'm pretty consistently at the 5:30 (est) raid led by Lauci and friends and I'd be happy to fill a role there if needed and I often make your weekend Hami Raids though a bit less consistently.

I'm famously anti-Discord, though we do have one primarily for the league leaders and regulars to coordinate who is running which raid on which day. In-game, everything is coordinated on the /team channel.

The good news is that really, once you know your role, there's not a lot of communicating to be done. For instance, if you are assigned Hami Taunt, there's really just a couple of times you need to type on the /team channel:

• Confirming your role - for example "<- Hami Taunt" or "I got it" or "I'm on it like white on rice" or whatever
  • During the phase where we hunt GMs, announcing when your herd is clear - for example "Clear" or "Go {next taunter in the rotation}"

The trick is really that very first run when you are doing a role for the first time and may have questions. That's why I posted this to maybe answer some of those questions up front.

There's other chatter that happens on the /team channel, as well, but it's not necessarily required for the raid to be successful. If you are curious I can try plugging you into that observer role for a raid so you can see how it goes down. I may even try doing a Twitch stream and save it, just for educational purposes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Oklahoman said:

I'm famously anti-Discord, though we do have one primarily for the league leaders and regulars to coordinate who is running which raid on which day. In-game, everything is coordinated on the /team channel.

The good news is that really, once you know your role, there's not a lot of communicating to be done. For instance, if you are assigned Hami Taunt, there's really just a couple of times you need to type on the /team channel:

• Confirming your role - for example "<- Hami Taunt" or "I got it" or "I'm on it like white on rice" or whatever
  • During the phase where we hunt GMs, announcing when your herd is clear - for example "Clear" or "Go {next taunter in the rotation}"

The trick is really that very first run when you are doing a role for the first time and may have questions. That's why I posted this to maybe answer some of those questions up front.

There's other chatter that happens on the /team channel, as well, but it's not necessarily required for the raid to be successful. If you are curious I can try plugging you into that observer role for a raid so you can see how it goes down. I may even try doing a Twitch stream and save it, just for educational purposes. 

Okay, sounds easy enough. I'll pick up incan on one of my toons and I'll hit ya up in the near future, maybe this weekend! Thanks!

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

I did a Twitch today and talked a lot about the different team 1 roles, so if it helps you can check the video here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2231195483

I think the video will roll off after 7 days or something like that.