We have costume change animations...why don´t we use them as death animations by choice?

-> title

I think...for all the fans of the costume maker and making very expressive personalized characters it would be a nice addition to the game, if we could choose a death animation like we already can choose a costume change animation.

For example a radiation style based character makes a mushroom cloud, when put to 0 hit points in the game. Or a dark mystic alt disperse in a murder of crows. And so on and so on...

• Like 3

If it still leaves the body behind, I guess that wouldn't pose a problem. If it doesn't though, it is probably going to make ST rezzes useless on that character.

2 hours ago, Jack Spanky said:

The RPers can have impossible to rez disintegrating corpses, as a treat

A true RPer would also want that toon auto deleted

On 6/4/2024 at 7:14 AM, Ghost said:

A true RPer would also want that toon auto deleted

But... the Mediport system is canon.  And not all toons are mortal (I've seen a few robots, demons, undead and even an enchanted suit of armor around). 

I'd personally settle for my main reverting back to a fox when defeated, or said enchanted armor crumbling into a heap.  (Bonus points if everything but the chestplate is classed as "debris", so other players could kick bits of armor around until the suit is rezzed)

On 6/4/2024 at 3:08 AM, Rudra said:

If it still leaves the body behind, I guess that wouldn't pose a problem. If it doesn't though, it is probably going to make ST rezzes useless on that character.

But everyone loves trying to rez the person that used Self Destruct!  I'm looking forward to lots, lots more fun playing the "why can't I rez you?" game.

(Dunno if it still works, but back on Live you could rez an untargetable SD'd teammate with a ST rez if you were fast:  If you clicked on their name in the team window, they stayed targeted for a couple frames before deselecting.  If you had your rez readied, and hit it within those couple frames, you'd rez the untargetable teammate)

10 minutes ago, Akisan said:

But... the Mediport system is canon.  And not all toons are mortal (I've seen a few robots, demons, undead and even an enchanted suit of armor around). 

I'd personally settle for my main reverting back to a fox when defeated, or said enchanted armor crumbling into a heap.  (Bonus points if everything but the chestplate is classed as "debris", so other players could kick bits of armor around until the suit is rezzed)

Putting aside the nightmare of creating that and the other things that will be asked for, I would also very much like this. Characters that turn into little house cats upon their defeat, into foxes upon their defeat, collapse into their component parts, discorporate into a thundercloud that lingers, and other defeat resolutions would fit in nicely with several of my characters.

• Like 2