Staff Fighter or EM

Hi, I'm looking at finally building out a character who narratively is meant to be reliant on technology and skill. I was heavily leaning staff but have heard a lot of mixed things about it overall. 

My only real question, isn't really if it's viable as I know everything is to a point, especially on teams but one regarding soloing.

I don't need to solo 4/8 but it'd be nice, but can it reliably solo 3/8s? AVs?

I don't always want to team and sometimes like cruising around alone to kill time. It would he Staff/Bio for context 

I get EM is considered the better set, but how big is the gap? 

Thanks.

I say go KM/fire

Kinetics can build heat and you can use Burn to expel the heat.

KM/fire is just my goto for whenever I just wanna kill things as a Stalker

Energy Melee is ok but I still dont like the new Cone attack even tho the rest of the set lays waste to single targets

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 11:32 PM, hexperfected said:

I don't need to solo 4/8 but it'd be nice, but can it reliably solo 3/8s? AVs?

You could def do 4/8 with either set, and AVs too (I've solo'd Hopkins & Countess on a Staff/EnA) but EM will certainly chunk out HP from AVs better than Staff, no doubt. It's really a question of if you wanna be good or great at that part. Flip side? Staff feels a lot better (to me) in dense groups. Especially when you fire the aoe off at three stacks and put a little bit of extra damage down.

On 6/4/2024 at 11:32 PM, hexperfected said:

It would he Staff/Bio for context

Honestly? I'd be more worried about your secondary pick. Bio is a little sad on Stalkers compared to all its other versions (including Sentinel).

Edited by twozerofoxtrot