The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Help Improve my Ice Build

dtaxtman86

7 hours ago, dtaxtman86 said:

Title says it all. Looking for a build that has decent survivability, ST damage, and Aoe, but I feel like I have too many attacks. Can someone give their take on this build? Thanks.

Gumbo (Ice Blast - Ice Manipulation).mbd 42.33 kB · 6 downloads

Hi!  You're a Blaster - you can NEVER have too many attacks!  😄  You have a good build and should survive pretty well.  Couple little tweaks....

• Your Purple sets - slot all but the Damage/Recharge (slotting the Damage instead) so that you are at least at the ED cap of damage on the power.  You have enough global recharge that you will be fine on each power - there's roughly half a sec difference on recharge between the 2 and you're better served with more damage.
  • Frozen Aura / Armageddon set - you already have 5 of the 10% recharge bonus so you're not getting anything from the 5th Armageddon slot.  (Addressed below.) 
  • Blizzard does not need the Chance for Knock Down Proc in it - the power already KDs.  Additionally, you're going to want max damage and recharge on that power.
    • Given both this with Frozen Aura and Blizzard, I would....
      • Take the Rags out of Blizzard altogether and put your 6 Sup Blaster's Wrath from Bitter Ice Blast into Blizzard.  (That also puts the Chance for Fire Proc in your AOE nuke and even more overall damage.)
      • Then take your 5 Apocs out of Bitter Freeze Ray and put them into Bitter Ice Blast (again, slot all but the D/R). 
      • Then slot Bitter Freeze Ray with 5 Superior Entomb (Hold winter event set) - all but the End/Rech is fine.  (It's a slow animation power and you'll rarely use it because of that, except when you want a 3rd hold - which is very handy!  Most skip this power, but I love it - can hold EBs with your 3 holds!  So, given this, slotting for hold vs damage is more useful.)
      • All of this should get you just over the soft cap on Ranged Defense, make that last Armageddon set bonus useful, and make your nuke stronger and rech faster - all without sacrificing anything else.   

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Like 1

It looks fine.  Ice Blaster is a super hard hitting ST EXTREMELY survivable Blaster.  With decent slow AoE.  

I do not love your 3 pick move into travel and fighting pool.  6 picks....  6 power picks.  Giving up great survival powers like Ice Patch to get there.  No leadership manuevers/Tactics.