The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Looking for StreetFighting/Rad Brute Build

Dcaruso12093

Hi all, I'm not well versed in optimizing characters in CoH. I'm looking for suggestions or full builds on a street fighting/radiation armor brute.  I don't know if its a great combo, but it's on theme with my character. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks all!

On 6/23/2024 at 10:26 AM, Dcaruso12093 said:

Hi all, I'm not well versed in optimizing characters in CoH. I'm looking for suggestions or full builds on a street fighting/radiation armor brute.  I don't know if its a great combo, but it's on theme with my character. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks all!

I have no idea what to do with StJ, I've only played it 2-3 times, once on live and twice on here about 4-5 years ago and i never could get into it so i have no clue how to slot the attacks or which ones are needed/best. So this is a really rough build. And you didn't specify anything about what you wanted travel or power pool wise. Something to look at:

StJ Rad - Brute (Street Justice - Radiation Armor).mbd

• 1 month later

I'm playing one of these. I don't have a build cobbled together, but here's a mini-guide to how I am approaching it.

I'm leveling Bum Fight on Excelsior, the old fashioned way. No farming on this guy as it's just too much fun on the way to 50.

So far I'm level 27, and the way StJ plays early on is you want your AOEs recharging as fast as possible.

Street Justice:

I use what I call 'kb rules' on this character. Meaning I slot Force Feedback Recharge as many places I can (currently three. Four if you have Kick from Fighting). Add Hasten and LotG procs to this build later on, and you can really push recharge. I also pepper in 2* the kb set with a smashing proc, for the 1.5% dmg bonus ( 6% damage ). I think stacking these easy set bonuses with Assault (10% dmg) and the Brute AT damage bonuses goes a long way. 

Once you have uppercut, I imagine you can also make a really good ST chain.

The level 50 build I'd drop those 1.5 damage bonuses for Rare Melee sets and Brute ATO bonuses. 

Radiation: 

It's all about the Regen and the AOE heal early on as this helps you stay standing. I want that heal to recharge as much as possible, and will frankenslot Heal/Absorb/Recharge so it's popping often. Pre-Hasten, this is my autofire (ctrl+click) power. 

Beta Decay is super cool. I slap a Stun proc in it early for mitigation, but I see it can take all sorts of juicy procs. Because of that, I wouldn't slap a lot of recharge on this power, but it's great. 

The rest of early /Rad is really just basic Resist slotting. You can easily slot the 2 +Def Procs in here somewhere. I would probably slot a Kismet for Acc early on in Combat Jumping, and a Scaling Resistance in a second slot. 

This is a build that likes Regen, so 2 LotG procs *5 is also handy... As well as all the heal procs you can throw at the build. I might even be tempted to focus on Regen/Healing over Defense caps here. Overall it should be no problem stacking a healthy Resist/Regen/Defense combo package here, without resorting to stupid expensive purple set bonuses.

Pools:

So far it's looking like:

Fighting:

Kick, (maybe) Boxing, Tough, Weave, Cross Punch - Cross Punch also does the KB damage bonus/Force Feedback +Recharge thing. K/B/CP = Cross Punch hits Harder. You can also slot some S/L bonuses with Kinetic Combat.

Speed: Hasten, (maybe) Super Speed

Jumping: Combat Jumping, (maybe) Super Jump, (maybe) Spring Attack (kb bonuses again a fifth time)...probably not though.

Leadership: 

Maneuvers, Assault, Vengeance. 

Epic:

Not really sure here, player's choice. 

Accolades:

Musculature Alpha

Degenerative/Reactive Interface

Mighty/Void/Vorpal Judgement

Ageless Destiny

Melee Hybrid

• Like 1

Now level 36, and since it fits my character I ended up taking Leviathan Pool, because a character named Bum Fight absolutely needs [Bile Spray]. 

Honestly, This is turning out to be my favorite melee character. 

42 and I now have Spirit Shark, Bile Spray, and Arctic Spray. 

I'm likely going to take Maneuvers and slot it up for the best bonuses, but honestly, this build is not about capping resists and defense. This build is about Damage, Recharge, and Regen for me, with all the handy debuffs that come with Rad and Leviathan pools. The extra ranged attacks help me to keep all the AOE going, all the time, which really softens up mobs. Which I can then finish off the hard targets with ST fillers. It feels good. Definitely makes a noticable DPS difference in a team. Even if I'm not the heaviest hitter, I hit the most targets of any melee on the team.