The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

What do you use for making ceilings?

I got a little room in the bigger base room to house my NPCs and I would like to put a ceiling on it but nothing I have tried looks right.

The room uses what I call the mansion wood stuff:walls,trim,door,etc.....so the dock platform look terrible on top.

Tried a couple of floor platforms but you see through them inside the room.

So what are some other things I could try? What do you builders use for ceilings?

On 7/4/2024 at 12:03 PM, SuperPlyx said:

I got a little room in the bigger base room to house my NPCs and I would like to put a ceiling on it but nothing I have tried looks right.

The room uses what I call the mansion wood stuff:walls,trim,door,etc.....so the dock platform look terrible on top.

Tried a couple of floor platforms but you see through them inside the room.

So what are some other things I could try? What do you builders use for ceilings?

The only interesting thing I've used for a ceiling is oil splats.

For the problem of seeing through floor platforms: flip them upside down.

Try dock platform.  There are some really large pieces and smaller ones.  Typing just DOCK will show them all.  I use them for walls, floors and ceilings.   You can also try foundation.  The will show concrete pads.  These are only one way visible so keep that in mind.  I usually butterfly them.

• Retired Community Rep

My go to is the bottoms of shower floors, on a 1/4 grid, they lay perfectly without overlap. If conserving pieces, a substation foundation, but I don't really like it.

• 2 weeks later

Depends on the type of ceiling.  Several of the cabinets are made of different shades of wood and metal (including Mahogany, if you're after a very rich finish), and tile nicely.  They are all pretty small, though, so they'll chew through your item counts.  Desks/counters work as well (and are larger), but there is a *tiny* amount of flicker between each pair (generally only noticeable if you specifically look for it)